Thread: Scope covers ?

Scope covers ?

I have been using Butler Creek Flip up covers on my S & B 8x56 but the springs in both ends seem to have failed ........... Most annoying!

Fix, replace with the same, or is there anything better on the market ?

Any reports on the AccuCover ?

All reports and reviews gratefully accepted!

I now use the rubber caps off Swarovski binoculars. I have them on both my 56mm Z6 scopes. They are completely silent and won't snap off if left open.

i have given up with butler creeks due to all the breakages. i now just cable tie my bikini covers onto the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i have given up with butler creeks due to all the breakages. i now just cable tie my bikini covers onto the scope.
    Exactly what I do, silent, strong and Zeiss are so good they've replaced them for free before when I lost a pair.

Butler creeks are now of extremely poor quality...the plastic they currently use seems to be designed to fall apart when exposed to daylight!... They must be relying on this tactic to increase sales, as people keep going out to buy more of the same rubbish to replace their existing broken ones....... Rant over!

Ive just bought a set of hawke flip up covers off the bay, I have yet to try them but they are cheaper and could certainly be no worse than the current Butler Creeks so I am going to give them a go, they also have the added advantage that they have see through lenses which could prove to be handy in the rain.
    Last edited by paultap; 06-12-2014 at 20:33.

Blog Entries
    I had issues with the Hawke ones splitting.

I've gone back to Butler Creeks!
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Any reports on the accu covers ?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    I had issues with the Hawke ones splitting.

I've gone back to Butler Creeks!
    ive used the Hawke ones too and they were very good, much better than BC but I did split one cover but that was my fault for shoving it on when it was a bit too small. Should have sent it back and got the size up.

Give 'Bushwackers' a try. Got them on a few of my scopes and so far so good. ....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.