Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wild scotland.

wild scotland.

Just a heads up there is a program on tomorrow night called wild scotland. It's on at 6 pm on Nat geo wild. Lookes quite good its filmed on the hebridean islands.

Regards kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 06-12-2014 at 20:28.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

The Mrs downloaded it for me off the web, it was a fantastic watch.
    Ewan McGregor narrating was excellent, his dulcet Scottish tones fitted well with the scenery.

Thanks for the heads up - reminder set
    Wingy

It's a shame this is in the off topic, was just about to post it in articles and write ups. If I remember correctly, it was on the BBC at some point earlier this year. Just watching again. Could watch the Red stag rut over and over, almost as good as being in the middle of a corrie or glen with stags roaring all around you.

All the best,

Scott

I enjoyed the program im looking forward to next weak.

Regards kev

fair braw nice stags and hinds on Rhum, but the scenery is breath taking. it was Mcleods of Mcleods stalking ground and you can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    fair braw nice stags and hinds on Rhum, but the scenery is breath taking. it was Mcleods of Mcleods stalking ground and you can see why.
    The stags were crackers. I saw the odd tag and coller on some of the hinds what would they be for Davie
    Regards kev

hi kev most of the deer on Rhum are tagged by Edinburgh university they have the longest running red deer program, every stag that the rdma shot when I was there in 2019 & 2010 you had to count the ticks, keep the back left leg the bottom jaw the kidneys had to be weighed with the fat on and fat off, the over all length from nose to tail, the weight of the beast with pluck and legs in and the weight of the beast with all out, liver fluke all done in the larder it was a lot of work and is still going on today. all for the studdy

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    hi kev most of the deer on Rhum are tagged by Edinburgh university they have the longest running red deer program, every stag that the rdma shot when I was there in 2019 & 2010 you had to count the ticks, keep the back left leg the bottom jaw the kidneys had to be weighed with the fat on and fat off, the over all length from nose to tail, the weight of the beast with pluck and legs in and the weight of the beast with all out, liver fluke all done in the larder it was a lot of work and is still going on today. all for the studdy
    As you say sounds like a lot of work. But intresting I didn't no that was going on. Thanks for the information Davie

Regards kev.