anyone used PPU ammo in 22 hornet?

My Hornet didn't particularly like it. it's the same old story some rifle will like it some won't, the only way is to try it out.
Yeah it's always a gamble, what's the ammo like on game? Perform well? My cz doesn't seem too fussy so far

I use it in my Hornet, no problems at all, I also used Winchester super x, pretty much the same results when zeroing so went with ppu as it is much cheaper. The Foxes Rabbits and Hares I have shot with them have not complained, some rifles just don't like it, my Hornet is a 1939 model savage stevens sporter, plenty of life still in the barrel yet, will post a piccie when I learn how to do it, hope this helps.

Regards Scoby 270

Well I went to my local gun shop this arvo, he won't stock it,he can get it but tells me no gun manufacturer will warrant any rifle if that ammo is used, surely it's not that bad. Factory ammo blowing up rifles? Splitting cases and case heads blowing apart? I find that to be a bit hard to believe.
Interesting afternoon
wes.

Well I went to my local gun shop this arvo, he won't stock it,he can get it but tells me no gun manufacturer will warrant any rifle if that ammo is used, surely it's not that bad. Factory ammo blowing up rifles? Splitting cases and case heads blowing apart? I find that to be a bit hard to believe.
Interesting afternoon
wes.

:fib:
You mean this guy?
I buy a lot of rifles and there is no one mentioning not to use PPU or any other brand... just handloads.~Muir

:fib:
You mean this guy?
I buy a lot of rifles and there is no one mentioning not to use PPU or any other brand... just handloads.~Muir
Well that's what I thought!
I have had some seriouse doubts about the info I get from the particular shop, three different staff members tell me three different answers to the same question! But they are so close and generally are good on prices. Pity the stench When they open their mouths.
And to annoy me more, I now can't get any 45g 22cal projectiles for my hornet!
whinge over.
wes

Worked ok in my CZ hornet, plenty accurate enough, but didn't expand that well on smaller targets, bunnies etc.

Neil. :)

He's probably trying to put you off because he doesn't make enough profit on them, if they were the same price as the more expensive ammo he would be trying to sell them to you as fast as he could, that is my opinion anyway.

Scoby 270

Worked ok in my CZ hornet, plenty accurate enough, but didn't expand that well on smaller targets, bunnies etc.

Hi Neil ,

What sort of distances were you shooting rabbits at, or is it at all different ranges.

Regards Scoby 270

Hi Neil ,

What sort of distances were you shooting rabbits at, or is it at all different ranges.

Regards Scoby 270

Just didn't expand well shooting through a bunny, any angle side to side.
End to end they were fine, as they were on shoulder shot fox, in the end
though they got used for plinking at targets.

Back