Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legislation,Legislation,Legislation!

Legislation,Legislation,Legislation!

New rules & regs are being discussed to make all dogs subject to third party liability insurance & tagging, So this means that if this goes ahead, with all the attendant costs to us, the responsible dog owners, The end of problem dogs/owners will be brought about..........................A bit like when handgun crime went away completely when legal handguns were outlawed!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The only way this would work after say a one year turnaround to make sure all dogs are registered and tagged !
    Is from that day on to,put down immediately ! any dog found without a tag .
    None of this overpriced dog rescue's ??
    After a couple of years ,there shouldnt be any stray un-tagged dogs in any rescue centre !
    The ones that are there will have owners and can be charged for the recovery .
    If they dont want them back! They still pay the recovery and the dog gets put down .
    Anyone with a dog over three months old without a tag can be fined heavily .

My dogs are all chipped and insured.No reason anyone else's shouldnt be .

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    The end of problem dogs/owners will be brought about..........................A bit like when handgun crime went away completely when legal handguns were outlawed!
    Yup, same old same old. Instead of addressing the real problem - go and nick some chavs with attack dogs and bugger the lawyers who will come crawling out of the woodwork to represent them, (on legal aid of course) - take the easy way out and bring in yet another uneccessary piece of legislation to hit the law abiding majority.

Can't wait to see how the Crufts tweed and twin set brigade react to this stroke of brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    Quite reasonable as most responsible owners will want to do the same. This is about another level of insurance to cover third party claims arising from attacks by irresponsible owners or people who are using a dog as a weapon or to intimidate others. Have a guess which group of 'owners' will be the ones that won't give a toss about complying with any new legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    The only way this would work after say a one year turnaround to make sure all dogs are registered and tagged !
    Is from that day on to,put down immediately ! any dog found without a tag .
    None of this overpriced dog rescue's ??
    After a couple of years ,there shouldnt be any stray un-tagged dogs in any rescue centre !
    The ones that are there will have owners and can be charged for the recovery .
    If they dont want them back! They still pay the recovery and the dog gets put down .
    Anyone with a dog over three months old without a tag can be fined heavily .

So would you support the same actions you suggest when illegal hangun crims are apprehended? I'm up for it!
    Last edited by finnbear270; 09-03-2010 at 13:33. Reason: typo
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well of course it won't work as criminals don't obey the lw. After all Dog Fighting was only banned in 1831 so of course it does not happen any more!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So would you support the same actions you suggest when illegal hangun crims are apprehended? I'm up for it!
    Hang em high !!!!

Judge Judy for PM!

Just don't get me started on this one. Another pathetic LABOUR policy

So, with this and the hunting who is going to vote Labour?

At the risk of having my IP address listed with some of the less savouries, I will be thinking along the lines of the early 1930's