Country file, fallow stag rescue........

White Hart

Countryfile!

OMG! Did anyone else just watch that!

What a numpty! Well at least they saved a fallow - er STAG!

Well done BBC! :doh:

Got to love the bbc getting terminology right when rescuing a 'fallow stag' who'd caught his antlers in some blue nylon rope.......:doh:

+1! The buck didnt look too stressed when the numpty jumped on him! Then the buck nearly gauged him... Now that would have been entertainment!

Thought they were a bit low on protective gear in this age of health and safety...didn't even have safety glasses...could have saved an eye injury.
The man that is :)

Ok, calling it a stag is bad but what do you expect.

To be fair, and I have been involved in similar situations more times than I care to remember, I thought they did ok. Yes, they could have moved a bit more decisively at the beginning and the assistants were getting in a bit of a panic at one stage but the end result was successful.

If anyone is open to criticism it is the person who put up the poxy blue rope! That and orange plastic barrier fencing were the bain of my life when I worked in deer parks.

Adam Hensons bit was good as always; if he ever leaves Countryfile it won't be worth watching.

Last edited:
Watched it as well. He was a good buck and nothing wrong with him other than having rope around his antlers. They were able to capture it, remove the rope and release back into the herd for him to do his stuff. Yes more dangerous than releasing a sheep - which are always getting caught up, but the team looked as if they knew what they were doing.

You don't need to shoot every beast, just because you can. That buck trotted off quite happily none the worse for his experience.

Ok, calling it a stag is bad but what do you expect.

To be fair, and I have been involved in similar situations more times than I care to remember, I thought they did ok. Yes, they could have moved a bit more decisively at the beginning and the assistants were getting in a bit of a panic at one stage but the end result was successful.

If anyone is open to criticism it is the person who put up the poxy blue rope! That and orange plastic barrier fencing were the bain of my life when I worked in deer parks.

Adam Hensons bit was good as always; if he ever leaves Countryfile it won't be worth watching.

+1 on all counts Glyn. I thought that they did rather well to release the buck without injury to themselves or the animal.
Confronted with a similar situation I'm afraid that I would have bottled it and immediately have reached for the rifle.

I rather like Adam too, perhaps it's just because of his dogs.

Last edited:
If he had any sense he would have rolled off the back of the deer rather than trying to stand up with it!

Should have shot it Christ why would you risk an injury ,You could tell he was shitting him self when he was on his own.
PS that should have came with a warning never try this at home this guy near got his eyes took out.

I watched it with my two boys, who asked why I had just called the guy and arse-hole. I agree that not every beast in distress needs shot, but this guy could have made more of an effort to keep his face and more importantly his eyes away from the antlers of the buck...

At any time when he was left on his own, that beast was capable of putting a tine back through his eye socket with his position on the beast. I value my health more than the life of a deer I'm afraid...

I watched it with my two boys, who asked why I had just called the guy and arse-hole. I agree that not every beast in distress needs shot, but this guy could have made more of an effort to keep his face and more importantly his eyes away from the antlers of the buck...

At any time when he was left on his own, that beast was capable of putting a tine back through his eye socket with his position on the beast. I value my health more than the life of a deer I'm afraid...

I did laugh when he approched from the front so the beast seen him and started to kick the sh#* out of him when he tried to grab it, each to there own though. I guess none of us know how it would react - personally I would make sure I thought about it a little more especially as there was a camera filming and I wouldn't want to look like a t#t!!!!!

That is one lucky guy this could have been very nasty and he has got years of experinance with working with injury animals pull the other one . Nice buck tho
DJC

Back