Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hornady One Shot

Established Poster
    Southern Burgundy, France and the UK a few times per year

Hornady One Shot

Anybody using Hornady One Shot? What do you think about it's quality?

Quote Originally Posted by tramblygoat View Post
    Anybody using Hornady One Shot? What do you think about it's quality?
    I've been using it since it hit the market in the 80's (?) and like it quite a bit. Do not buy the non aerosol pump variety. That item truly sucks.~Muir

And on that - something on which Muir and I agree!

No idea of the chemistry involved - but the pump spray stuff has been hopeless, the 'older ( ? ) pressured red aerosol stuff was great for me.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

The pump stuff works but I had a lot of hassle to begin with, as you really do need to let it dry before you size, if you try to rush it gives you stuck cases.

i have given up on it and use imperial sizing wax now which is much more forgiving! I have most of a bottle of the hornady stuff you can have for postage cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    And on that - something on which Muir and I agree!
    The Apocalypse is at hand!! ~Muir

()

Established Poster
    Thanks guys, opinions confirmed with me. I'll try to stock up when I am over in the USA as the pressurised cans seem hard to find in the UK

Blog Entries

Hornady One Shot

It's impossible to find here.

I've been trying to buy a case from the states for months but due to it being pressurised and flammable and my being in the North Korean state of England, I've failed so far.

Problem is I think Hornady have moved over to an inferior water based pump spray and what you are looking for is old stock in the USA. Don't expect to walk into Wallmart.....

If you find any do think about bringing back a can for me. I'm down to 20% in my last can and have been contemplating making a naptha/lanolin mix of my own.

I know some people hated the stuff. I'd be glad to buy half used cans to feed my addiction.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    It's impossible to find here.

I've been trying to buy a case from the states for months but due to it being pressurised and flammable and my being in the North Korean state of England, I've failed so far.

Problem is I think Hornady have moved over to an inferior water based pump spray and what you are looking for is old stock in the USA. Don't expect to walk into Wallmart.....

If you find any do think about bringing back a can for me. I'm down to 20% in my last can and have been contemplating making a naptha/lanolin mix of my own.

I know some people hated the stuff. I'd be glad to buy half used cans to feed my addiction.
    I buy from Brownells and Amazon.com They have it for sale at $8 / tin. Is it no longer available in the UK then, I am not sure if it is available in France but I'll have a look? I'll try and see if I can get you a tin - no promises though. I'm flying over Lyon-London-Orlando then back the same way but on the way back I'm stopping over in London for a couple of days so in theory I could post you a tin from there, if I get organised. If I find the stuff okay I'll PM you whilst I am over in the USA and you can give me your postal details.

Regards, Mark

Blog Entries

Hornady One Shot

Tried Amazon.com even this morning. Will not accept the order for this stuff from the UK.

That's a very kind offer. I have buddies at LHR if you end up landslide I can probably get one to settle with you for it and take it off your hands!

Regards

Frank
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    Tried Amazon.com even this morning. Will not accept the order for this stuff from the UK.

That's a very kind offer. I have buddies at LHR if you end up landslide I can probably get one to settle with you for it and take it off your hands!

Regards

Frank
    No I didn't for a minute think that Amazon.com would accept a UK order. I mean't that's one of places I buy from when I am over there. Strangely Hornady states it contains no petroleum spirits but even in the US they ship it by land transport only.

I'm heading over on the 2nd January and back to France on the 17th. I'm not sure what the UK postage will be but if I get a tin I'll try to get a little box for it.

I won't be bringing back loads if I get it. It'll be 3 tins or so - 2 for me and one for you.. I will be buying other stuff too so I'll not be bringing back unlimited amounts.

Mark