Thread: Scientists prove that Men must be allowed out stalking with their friends

Scientists prove that Men must be allowed out stalking with their friends

Ok, not quite must be allowed out stalking, but here is all the evidence to negotiate a pink ticket.

Men need nights out with the lads, scientists say - Telegraph

now just need to summon the courage to present this!

Mungo - as our resident scientist - your comments please.

It's been quite a while since I heard the "it's been scientifically proven that..." line of debate.
    Last edited by private fraser; 09-12-2014 at 08:43.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

As ever, the devil is in the detail:

"Scientists from Germany's University of Gottingen studied groups of Barbary macaques, a type of ape which exhibits remarkably human-like social behaviour."

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't feel like venturing into the murky and desparate world of spousal conflict, armed only with the fact that 'I'm a bit like a Barbary ape with remarkably human-like social behaviour'. I suspect that, in the heat of battle, Mrs Tamar would dispute several of those assertions, and none of them to my credit. I might pass on deploying this particular gem of research.

Mrs. Mungo's comment: 'macaques? Aren't they matriarchal? You sure you want to play this game?'

Well Mrs Heyms comment was that there no difference between Men and Monkeys and that since I have been shooting the last two Saturdays pink tickets have been used

I have had more than my fair share of pink tickets this season , so I'm keeping schtum !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Mrs. Mungo's comment: 'macaques? Aren't they matriarchal? You sure you want to play this game?'
    The simple fact that we are having this debate is surely clear proof that we are indeed already a matriarchal society?
    I'm sure the hunter gatherer instinct was merely driven by the rewards that followed once man returned home to his grateful woman?
    If he did it because he was just hungry, he'd keep it all for himself and not bother going home?
    It therefore follows that if you take all the money you've made from the game dealer out on the lash with your mates and blow the lot, it will not be worth going home!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
    Now, I don't know about you, but I don't feel like venturing into the murky and desparate world of spousal conflict, armed only with the fact that 'I'm a bit like a Barbary ape with remarkably human-like social behaviour'. I suspect that, in the heat of battle, Mrs Tamar would dispute several of those assertions...................................
    I think I'd be more worried if she agreed totally that you were exhibiting simian characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I think I'd be more worried if she agreed totally that you were exhibiting simian characteristics.
    I think that, at the moment especially mid rugby season, she may consider that describing me as simian is actually a compliment too far. A worm or lowly bacteria is the more likely metaphor

too close to christmas to release this to the missus .reason a i like my teeth,reason b i dont like black eyes reason c ,ignorance is bliss so if she,s happy im left alone