R8 Professional Success

KB1

Had a chance to handle one of these at a London gun shop. I am not a fan of thumb hole stocks but have to say it was ridiculously comfortable in the shoulder and v steady.
Has anyone shot one vs the standard R8?

I have one on order in the tracker, and should be with me some time in the new year.
i am really looking forward to its arrival.

i tried one but bought the standard r8 stock. it was marginal for me and i probably picked the standard because the shape is a bit more traditional.

I bought a thumbhole stock for my R93 but I didn`t get on with it at all! I like the idea of a thumbhole stock but it just doesn't feel right in the hand for me. Good luck with the new stock.

I have one and love it my father has the pro stock and he prefers that style but both are excellent

I prefer the traditional stock but have to admit the fit on the Success felt more of an enhanced grip. Makes me wonder why you even need to have the horizontal bridge of the thumbhole.

I have one and love it my father has the pro stock and he prefers that style but both are excellent

I thought it looked awful until I handled one and found it fit me like a custom stock and I was instantly converted. It took me a year or so to get over the cost but now I have a Pro Success and love it. I did try the std stock but it didn't suit me at all.

Funnily enough, I now think it looks great!

Should anyone wishing to try both side by side, they are available at the range in almost every configuration.

Personally, I would choose the Success for regular stalking and the standard professional for driven/moving game.

HME

Corinium Rifle Range :: HOME

There is an article and review on the website now. I only have a very limited number available when they arrive as they are a special order.

HME

Had a chance to handle one of these at a London gun shop. I am not a fan of thumb hole stocks but have to say it was ridiculously comfortable in the shoulder and v steady.
Has anyone shot one vs the standard R8?

I personaly find thumb hole stocks to be very comfortable and they get me to settle on the shot more quickly.

I liked the fact they did a proper left handed version of the R8 and felt the 3.1K price tag was OK Ish if I sold a kidney, but I found the rip off pricing for scope railes and thredded barrels to be a big turn off

I dont mind paying for quality but I dont like it when they take the ****

Still on the look out for mt ideal left handed gun.

Might have to give up and get the R8 but hopfull something else will turn up. Plan B would be a Sako 85 with an aftermarket stock

ATB

Chasey

The mods I have being imported are MAE compact BL with a Blaser thread which is a special order for me and not available as standard. I have done this in conjunction with JMS after using the compact for a while and testing it thoroughly, an article on which I have recently posted on my website blog. The 'new' Blaser mod is made by Atec in Alloy and was originally going to be sold as a package.

In my opinion, the MAE knocks the Atec into the next county in every respect.

I have a very limited number of the compacts coming as a trial, if anyone is interested please contact me, preferably via email. A deposit will be needed as they are currently being made.

HME

Corinium Rifle Range :: HOME

I have one since 8 months with a bit of leather on as well moved from a sako with a grs stock and finding it top

At present there is quite a queue for the Bipod which is made by Spartan. Currently it is only available for the pro success with standard profile barrels. Before being released in the UK, the adapter will be redesigned to accommodate the match profile barrels, similarly there will be an adapter for the R8 pro released soon. As yet there are no dates. Every adapter initially made was shipped to Blaser in Germany.

HME

Back