Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 Professional Success

R8 Professional Success

Had a chance to handle one of these at a London gun shop. I am not a fan of thumb hole stocks but have to say it was ridiculously comfortable in the shoulder and v steady.
    Has anyone shot one vs the standard R8?

I have one on order in the tracker, and should be with me some time in the new year.
    i am really looking forward to its arrival.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

i tried one but bought the standard r8 stock. it was marginal for me and i probably picked the standard because the shape is a bit more traditional.

I bought a thumbhole stock for my R93 but I didn`t get on with it at all! I like the idea of a thumbhole stock but it just doesn't feel right in the hand for me. Good luck with the new stock.

I have one and love it my father has the pro stock and he prefers that style but both are excellent

I prefer the traditional stock but have to admit the fit on the Success felt more of an enhanced grip. Makes me wonder why you even need to have the horizontal bridge of the thumbhole.

Quote Originally Posted by jb7x57 View Post
    I have one and love it my father has the pro stock and he prefers that style but both are excellent

I thought it looked awful until I handled one and found it fit me like a custom stock and I was instantly converted. It took me a year or so to get over the cost but now I have a Pro Success and love it. I did try the std stock but it didn't suit me at all.

Funnily enough, I now think it looks great!

Should anyone wishing to try both side by side, they are available at the range in almost every configuration.

Personally, I would choose the Success for regular stalking and the standard professional for driven/moving game.

HME

Corinium Rifle Range :: HOME
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    Should anyone wishing to try both side by side, they are available at the range in almost every configuration.

Personally, I would choose the Success for regular stalking and the standard professional for driven/moving game.

HME

Corinium Rifle Range :: HOME
    Can you please tell us more about the new moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Can you please tell us more about the new moderator?
    +1 Paul, I'd be interested in more info on the moderator situation.