Hawke Endurance scopes

I've got to admit to having one on my old .243. Whilst nobody is going to pretend its an sb swaro etc it is exceptional value for money. I was given the heads up by a man who knows a lot more than i ever will about shooting deer. They are built robustly, seem to hold zero with no issues and stack up very close to the big brands in terms of light gathering. Ok they are not optically perfect but for shooting to 200 yards in low light they are spot on. Especially considering at £250 they are les than 1/4 - 1/6 a big brand equivilent.
The only weird thing about mine was it had quite long eue relief.

Another top tip in the budget optics arena would have to be opticron 7x50 bins, as far as light gathering goes they take the mick out of the so called hunting budget brands for twice the price.

hope this helps John

I've had a few scopes in my time some of them far from cheap. I've tried Hawke scopes on both rimfires and c/f and have found them very good value. In reply to some comments about Deben I have always found then helpful and have always replaced without any trouble at all, good firm. As I have said before some of Hawkes MAP 8 and SR rets are very very good and if used in conjuction with their BRC free download can make shooting rabbits in particular a doddle.

Funny I was just looking at these. Thinking about getting one of the sport hd ones for my 22rf bunny basher. Any idea as to what there bins are like?

I've had a pair of Hawke Frontier bins for about four years now, as a carry about pair in the 4x4. I use them all the time and they do the job just fine. Certainly worth a look.

Guys

When i started this thread back in 2007 i was passing on my recommendation for an alternative to spending ludicrous amounts of money on a scope that would do very little to outperform something that cost a fraction of the price. I have personally owned and used swarovski, zeiss,S&B, leupold and nightforce over my twenty plus years of shooting and 15 years plus of stalking, and i can honestly say that there is simply no need to spend the crazy money on these scopes when there are good alternatives that do the same job and keep doing that job at a fraction of the price. At the end of the day we are better of spending the money on the best and most comfortable binoculars that we can afford for the simple reason that as a stalker we spend more time looking through these than we do our scope (or should do).
I'll probably open a massive can of worms and cause numerous ruptions here..........and this is only an opinion but stalking is about getting the job done in the most efficient and more importantly the most humane way possible..irrelevant as to what sits ontop my rifle, The fact that my friend still uses the same hawke endurance on the same .270 and shoots many deer (as apposed to being an 'armchair stalker with his fancy rifle and expensive scope that goes out once in a bluemoon) is testemant to my orignal reason for posting this thread.

A guy i shoot with showed me one of these on his Steyr and pretty good,so good i bought a 3-10X56 Endurance and put it on my rimfire.
Next to S&B,Swaro or my favorite Dockter,no they are not as good,do not have clarity to the edges,but with the illuminated dot they are great for lamping.
They are good for the money,but back to brithunters comments try getting a turret cover when you lose one.

Having tried pretty much every sub £200 scope I wouldn't put anything but a Hawke on my rimfires (with the possible exception of a burris) - I'm using the Hawke Panorama EV on my HMR at the moment and it's perfect. Apparently they're rated for centrefire but i personally think this particular model is a little too short bodied for anything but a rimfire.

The Hawke Endurance 30mm IR are the only Hawke scopes I rate for centrefire at the moment, and in my opinion they're very very good for the money - I've had one on my .243 (which I've just put up for sale and seen this thread), and though I've opted for an upgrade to a Zeiss I have to admit I didn't really need to! :D

Oooh Jesus! Sorry I have to step in there.

I tried the Burris designed for the Sako Quad. My son has better scopes on his Nerf gun!
apart from being made from chocolate I just thought it was a terrible scope

I acquired a .243 with a Hawke Niteeye, untouched and brand new. the flash dot wasnt even in the centre of the reticule!
that is were I stopped evaluating it.

given how many other brands there are in the £200 range either second hand or new I cannot see why I would part with my hard earned for a hawke.
I have four rimfires and two air rifles so I should be their target customer, yet all mine sport either cheaper and better scopes or second hand versions of more expensive ones that still come in cheaper!

Oooh Jesus! Sorry I have to step in there.

I tried the Burris designed for the Sako Quad. My son has better scopes on his Nerf gun!
apart from being made from chocolate I just thought it was a terrible scope

I acquired a .243 with a Hawke Niteeye, untouched and brand new. the flash dot wasnt even in the centre of the reticule!
that is were I stopped evaluating it.

given how many other brands there are in the £200 range either second hand or new I cannot see why I would part with my hard earned for a hawke.
I have four rimfires and two air rifles so I should be their target customer, yet all mine sport either cheaper and better scopes or second hand versions of more expensive ones that still come in cheaper!

Really?! Which Burris? I have the Fullfield II and it's one of the clearest scopes I've ever used!

As for Hawke - where did you get it from? I've always had a Hawke on one of my guns at one time or another and never had any issues... did you send it back?

I do like the Hawke scopes for budget shooting and always used them on my airguns and 22lr, my Bushnell Trophy XLT 3x9-40 is doing great work on my 243 and still holding zero with the 105gr's going through it, light gathering is also fine for lamping :)

So maybe worth a look as well at the Bushnell as its only £139.99 incl postage.

Surprised to read the comment on the warranty not being any good. I have a hawke on my air rifle and on one of my rim fires. The rim fire one started losing zero so I dug out my receipt from 6 years ago and gave deben a call. They told me to return it and 2 days later a brand new scope had arrived. Pretty good in my book!

I've had a pair of Hawke Frontier bins for about four years now, as a carry about pair in the 4x4. I use them all the time and they do the job just fine. Certainly worth a look.

I have the same bins. They now live in the vehicle but for a different reason. I purchased them from the SGC in Devon. One of the lenses fogged up and I contacted Deben to send them back to be looked at. I was told that as I had no proof of purchase, there would be a charge if they repaired them and it wasn't cheap. I did say that Deben were the only company that sold these in the UK and that the bins must have come from them but they were not interested.
I decided to buy a set of H20s that cost me less than the price quoted for repair.
I was very unimpressed with the service and have never bought anything from Deben since then. Shame really as I liked the bins.
I now keep receipts for anything up to the warranty date.
Incidently I recently sent a pair of Chiruca boots back to the manufacturer in Italy because they were leaking. The postage was horrendous to send them back, but they were repaired and sent back free of charge. Oh, and they didn't even ask for proof of purchase!

Back