Hawke Endurance scopes

monarman

My friend and i have recently been evaluating a hawke endurance scope and you know what?.......they are very good...but bloody ugly!! :eek:

it has been used extensively for stalking in some pretty s****y weather to boot, mounted on a sako 75 in 270. and performed faultlessly.

It has the german no.4 ret. with an illuminated dot, 30mm tube and fast focus eyepiece.

as for optical performace.....s&b and the restof the daftly priced stuff..BRING IT ON!!!!!

and for 300quid or less depending where you shop :eek:

makes you think doesn't it.. the so-called best really only applies to the price. :mad:

This is where I show my ignorance, and laziness I guess. I got it into my head sometime age that the Hawke line of scopes were only suitable for airguns and rimfire. Did this use to be the case? I take it form the fact that you have it on a 270 they must be more robust than I thought. I always understood that they were never lacking in optical quality or fancy features, just that they would not do for a hard kicking centrefire.

OK now make me look dafter than usual :eek:

John

You're not alone in that thinking, but these are designated fulbore riflescopes, and although most of the hawke range are aimed(no pun intended) at the airgun/ rimfire market most will take the punishment of a kicker. When Deben used to just be an importer and they brought in the TASCO range of scopes there were some designated fullbore scopes in that range, Titan, Euroclass and Super-sniper. All were and still are very good scopes.

You'll see alot of tasco scopes sat on the rifles of New Zealand hunters, and over there the 243 hardly gets a look in!

Thank you Stephen,

Seems I am only half daft, big improvement. I shall take another look at them I think.

John

silly me.. forgot to mention that they have their reticules in the first focal plane(the ret. is behind the ocular lense, the one you look through) and so it stays the same size when you crank up the magnification, great for longer ranges. Although swarovski et al have the same reticule available, they only do them in the second focal plane so they increase in size with the magnification, not so good for precision. ;)

They aren't the ones i've tried and although they are rated for a centrefire you'll find that they are more rimfire/airgun orientated, mainly because of the SR reticule design.

The endurance i'm reccommending are the 30mm IR range. Click onto the DEBEN websote for more details, I suspect you can can these scopes from the states as well and no doubt cheaper.

I know I have just resurected a very old thread,and like a bellend I've just sold a brand new one:doh:I thought it might be of interest to anyone who might be in the market for a decent scope without the silly price tag:D.

there not bad i had one on a .308 blaser and if you are on a low budget i have just seen there do a scope for driven and will be getting one shortly i think

there not bad i had one on a .308 blaser and if you are on a low budget

:rofl: sorry but that does not add up. If one can afford the Blaser then surely one can afford a decent scope.

Now I will take a lot of convincing that Hawk are of decent quality. My trial of a nite-eye was an very saddening affair.. Quality was about that one would expect of something destined for the Bin. Customer service was non existant.

It seems a lot of people are comparing the Endurance 30,with other hawke scopes and from what I've seen,there's no comparison,Ive had a look at Night eye's ,Frontiers,Sidwinders and others and they all seem to be very different in terms of quality with the Endurance 30's being at the top with the Eclipse being at the bottom and the rest falling somewhere in between,but of course this is only my opinion.
Jase.

It seems a lot of people are comparing the Endurance 30,with other hawke scopes and from what I've seen,there's no comparison,Ive had a look at Night eye's ,Frontiers,Sidwinders and others and they all seem to be very different in terms of quality with the Endurance 30's being at the top with the Eclipse being at the bottom and the rest falling somewhere in between,but of course this is only my opinion.
Jase.

jase part of my problem is the companies lack of customer support. It seems to be the same as the attitude taken by Highland Outdooors and the Nikko Sterlings.. So you brought one good for you we need you money. So it's no good ... Oh dear what a pity never mind. So if I have a couple hundred to spend I get a nice used German scope. better quality and less hassle.

:rofl: sorry but that does not add up. If one can afford the Blaser then surely one can afford a decent scope.

Now I will take a lot of convincing that Hawk are of decent quality. My trial of a nite-eye was an very saddening affair.. Quality was about that one would expect of something destined for the Bin. Customer service was non existant.

i had a swavorski 3-9x36 on it a first but when that broke i got the hawke as a cheap replace me when it eas being fixed and the swavorski back on it it held zero its clear the ir is as good as the top makes and i think you may have had a cheap air gun scope if you have not used the model being talked about dont coment they are good scopes for those who have nit got £1000 to spend

Oh that's rich:-

i had a swavorski 3-9x36 on it a first but when that broke i got the hawke as a cheap replace me when it eas being fixed and the swavorski back on it it held zero its clear the ir is as good as the top makes and i think you may have had a cheap air gun scope if you have not used the model being talked about dont coment they are good scopes for those who have nit got £1000 to spend

Don't let others know that the company would not back their product :cuckoo:. I looked at and trough all the Hawke scopes on their stand at the Newark show last year and thre is not one I saw which i would part with cash for.

also you get a 10 year Warranty

I already found out that it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

I dont believe all these replies and nobody has spotted the rectical explanation is arse backwards FFP and Second Focal Plane ,:gheyfight:

ATB

I have never understood this thing about hawke scopes, I have a variety of scopes on my rifles, but I must have bought a cracker of a Hake SR reticle, because it has sat on my .223 for a good few years and I have put a good few rounds through it from full light to full night and I have never had to adjust it, send it back etc. Myself and the charlies it has sent to the big coop in the sky can find very little wrong with it, in fact I would highly recommend it.

Hugh ............................... when you make a large quantity is it surprising that even if the majority are mediocre or poor that the probablity is that even by accident that some must be better. Looks like you found one :D.

Back