Thread: FC Deery type job

FC Deery type job

Looks like an interesting job for someone.

Forestry Commission
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

I saw a film once which had the ideal applicant,he had his draws on over his tights and a big S on his chest,jesssszz!

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    I saw a film once which had the ideal applicant,he had his draws on over his tights and a big S on his chest,jesssszz!
    Superman isn't the ideal candidate, I think they are looking for someone more like Indiana Jones as it says you need a BA (no idea where the arts are going to come into it?) or an MSc plus DSC1 and 2 etc. Obviously they will also have to be a computer genius and a Nobel prize winning wordsmith just to complete the FC online application!

I don't think that the requirements are overly taxing? DSC 1 and 2 and a degree OR relevant experience. Education isn't everything.

it looks like a surveyors job to me. Should be pretty easy for someone with that type of background and a bit of forestry experience maybe?
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Do you really need a BA to count birds and kill deer?

About 99.9% of their current Rangers wouldn't get past the paper sift.

That said, I'd give my left testicle for a job like that.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Good luck with your applications, I just hope FC don't look on here...... I don't get why people bash things like this, it's a job, quite well paid too, and they're asking for some qualifications, how outlandish.....shame on them....of course they want numpties who can't tie their own shoelaces applying for their jobs.... It's called filtering applicants....sorts the wheat from the chaff...... If you can do what they ask for, apply.......simples. No point being bitter about it.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink