Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw tube spotting scope

Draw tube spotting scope

Hi, I'm looking for a draw tube spotting scope. Ideally second hand and will not cost the earth! Trying to steer away from expensive makes.

Any ideas welcome.

AJC

http://www.camera-shop.co.uk/acatalo...onoculars.html

http://www.grahamsonline.co.uk/product.php?ID=3879

I have a very cheap Russian draw telescope, which has served me well in all seasons for over a decade now. Great clarity. Not quite Gray & Co. standard, but very clear nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinga View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a draw tube spotting scope. Ideally second hand and will not cost the earth! Trying to steer away from expensive makes.

Any ideas welcome.

AJC
    AJC, I've got just the thing for you, i've been meaning to put it on here for sale for a while. It is a Hertel and Reuss 25-60x60 with a leather case. It's in fair condition for its age and ideal for hill stalking. I don't really want to sell it but i've just spent a small fortune on a Swarovski spotting scope so need to thin out my optics draw a bit! If you send me your email address i'll send you some pictures. It will be 150.00 including postage. JC

There is a nice schmidt & bender on ebay at the moment.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by n8ess View Post
    There is a nice schmidt & bender on ebay at the moment.

Neil
    Just had a look at that S&B, very similar to my H&R but probably in better condition, 19 bids so far and 410 with two days to run, it will be interesting to see what it makes. Maybe I'm offering my H&R too cheap! JC

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    You'll probably find the s&b is no different to the hertel reuss!!!....just a rebadge!
    I've seen them go for less in the past on ebay...around 250-300....still a daft price when you can get the hertel reuss for 150-200!!!
    If i had the funds i would bite your hand off for the H&R!!

I've used the Grays telescopes on the hill....the main thing they have going for them is their lack of weight....apart from that they are a bit overrated!!

steve

Wow I must have been real lucky. I brought a Nickel Marburg "Supra" 15-60x60 two draw scope with it's hard leather case from a gent in Scotland about 7 years ago now and paid 65 Inc P&P for it. The strap needs a little attention but is usable and it has two tappend holes of a flat boss under the body to take a tripod. It's of alloy construction and the seals are very good. Too good in fact as when it's very cold I cannot draw the tubes out until you warm it slightly.

I will have to have a chat with the scope man about getting it serviced as the objective lens is going spotty even though the image is clear and sharp. I think it will worth having it done at some point.

Good luck with yoru search and sale.

I think my father in law has a Nickel telescope. Am sure it is the same one. Borrowed it a couple of years ago when out after stags in the rut and spent so long peering through it into the stag-infested yonder and marvelling at the huge zoom (need to keep it so steady though) that I didn't notice a switchy 7ptr traveller creeping up on us from behind. We got him though. I love watching a big stag's expression through the telescope while a mate sounds off on the roaring tube. If you pitch it just right you can really get the big fellows all wound up .

[QUOTE=stephen magson;84000] If i had the funds i would bite your hand off for the H&R!!

Currently trying hard to bite said hand off!!!! JC275 evading my efforts!

Sorry mate, been really busy, just sent photos by email a couple of minutes ago. JC