Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning A Bolt - are they a good first rifle

Browning A Bolt - are they a good first rifle

As some will know I will be looking for a rifle soon and just seen a browning A bolt for sale in preferred 6.5 x 55 calibre 20" barrel, just wondering if they are a good rifle, any problems with them?

Thanks

Wonderful rifles! I have two, in .270 and 22-250. You won't go wrong if you buy one. Factory triggers are a touch on the heavy side even after adjustment, but that's easily and cheaply remedied

I had an abolt for my first rifle in 223 its a cracking rifle for the money I had no problems with it , but with mine it was fussy on bullets it didnt like sierra but it likes the hornady but that could be just mine but they are worth every penny for what they are

A mate of mine has one in .270; nice solid rifle, he's had no issues with it - I think it may be coming out when we have a day on the reds next week.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Ive got one in 6.5x55. It was my first rifle 5years ago and still got it. No issues but the trigger was too heavy for me so had the spring changed. Job done.
    That setup you have on hold on here looks a reasonable deal, can't see scope make though.

Quote Originally Posted by Primer View Post
    As some will know I will be looking for a rifle soon and just seen a browning A bolt for sale in preferred 6.5 x 55 calibre 20" barrel, just wondering if they are a good rifle, any problems with them?

Thanks
    A mate of mine had the a bolt in 308 no problems I have an xbolt in 243 no problem you get what you pay for
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

A mate has one in 243 he's now rebarrelled it and a grs stock on it gr8 action so he spent a few bob on it after he'd worn the barrel out .
    norma

Nothing wrong with them, my friend has had one for about 20 years in 22/250 and still shoots perfectly. I had a 7mm rem mag in the European model, Sinbad from here bought it, again very good rifle for the money.

Had one for years in .270 with no problems at all. Its still my first choice rifle for hill reds or woodland sika. Best factory rounds in mine has been Norma 130g SP

You won't go wrong with a Browning, an excellent choice, you get a lot of gun for the money.