Thread: NRA membership

NRA membership

Since moving to the USA I joined the NRA as it was a requirement for certain things (joining the rifle club being the main one) but I have never come across an organisation that hounds you like they do, I appreciate the ongoing battle for firearms rights but I get on average 2 e-mails a day and at least 1 to 2 letters a week so far and it's just ridiculous!

It it amazes me as the cost incurred for sending letters and e-mails to their members must be close to the amounts they are asking for in the letters and e-mails! Also anytime you shop in bass pro or cabelas and pay for your items, if it comes to say 18.75 they always ask "would
    you like to round your total up to $20 as a donation to the NRA"....it must be a serious amount of money!

i am tempted to contact them to ask them to stop pestering me as it really is beginning to annoy me a little!

has anyone else experienced this with them??

regards,
    Gixer

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    Since moving to the USA I joined the NRA as it was a requirement for certain things (joining the rifle club being the main one) but I have never come across an organisation that hounds you like they do, I appreciate the ongoing battle for firearms rights but I get on average 2 e-mails a day and at least 1 to 2 letters a week so far and it's just ridiculous!

It it amazes me as the cost incurred for sending letters and e-mails to their members must be close to the amounts they are asking for in the letters and e-mails! Also anytime you shop in bass pro or cabelas and pay for your items, if it comes to say 18.75 they always ask "would
    you like to round your total up to $20 as a donation to the NRA"....it must be a serious amount of money!

i am tempted to contact them to ask them to stop pestering me as it really is beginning to annoy me a little!

has anyone else experienced this with them??

regards,
    Gixer
    I have been a Life Member since the 1980's and I just tear the letters up. Once a year I donate and that's it, but yes: It costs a serious amount of money to keep our Rights in place. They are in court constantly. Block them from your email and ditch the mail.~Muir

I'm with Muir don't knock it and ditch the correspondence. I may not believe in all of there policies but they must be the envy of the rest of the world when it comes to protecting shooters rights. An organization is desperately required in the UK like the NRA the BASC if far to liberal when it comes to protecting shooters rights.

When you compare them to our NRA, I'd say they are worth every penny and would gladly put up with email and post for such an effective organisation

I have been a life member since 1990 and personal friend of one of the directors. If you think they hound you for money, you should hear how they hound our Politicians
    Not a single politician forgets exactly who they are, or how many votes they can deliver.

I do know that once I became a Life Member the amount of solicitation dropped dramatically. Had I known that, I would have sent them my $1000 ten years earlier.

I understand they are passionate about our beliefs but the e-mail and Mail traffic is ridiculous, I have counted 7 messages in the last 6 days!

Its not not effective if people are assigning the address to the junk mail file as I have - it should be more about quality than quantity.

Regards,
    Gixer