Introduction

Coldblow

Hi There,

Novice/Amateur have sgc and some experience of devoting and lamping.

I'm very interested in getting into stalking as well as longer distance target shooting.

I have booked my DSC1 through BDS, and despite an apparent mix of reviews from experienced stalkers, I feel this would be a good introduction.

I have also approached my local rifle club to gain more knowledge but unfortunately they do not seem to bothered about obtaining new members and have told me they will not be taking any new probationary members till February.

Would love some advice on the best direction from experienced stalkers as I begin my evolvement with the sport.

Kind regards

Nick

Hi Nick,
welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll get lots of friendly and informative advice on here.

Regards Rob.

Hi coldblow,
There are people on this site that can help you with most topics.
Your local shooting club cannot take on non FAC holding new members as it wishes.
New non FAC holding members can only be signed up on specially sanctioned open days, after the Dunblane shooting this was one of the governments ploys to try and reduce the amount of people shooting and owning guns.

Ian.

Hi coldblow,
There are people on this site that can help you with most topics.
Your local shooting club cannot take on non FAC holding new members as it wishes.
New non FAC holding members can only be signed up on specially sanctioned open days, after the Dunblane shooting this was one of the governments ploys to try and reduce the amount of people shooting and owning guns.

Ian.

Thanks for response Ian,

I was a probationary member at this gun club around two years ago, but unexpected work commitments prevented me attending regularly. I informed the club at the time so wasn't as if I just vanished.

Since I posted I have spoken to the gun shop I use for wildfowling needs and he has given me two contacts within the club which should be more helpful. So things are starting to move in a good direction.

merry Christmas and all that.

Nick

Back