Thread: certificate

certificate

Hi , just got my certificate back after a variation . But the layout is different unless there is an error on mine . Normally Listed is the ammo allowed to hold + allowed to purchase at anyone time . But on this one all the usual and when it comes to ammo all it has is Allowed ammo amounts to (hold) in various calibres as normal , But nothing stating max allowed to be (purchased) at anyone time , Now is that the new format or has the allowed purchase part missed off .

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Hi , just got my certificate back after a variation . But the layout is different unless there is an error on mine . Normally Listed is the ammo allowed to hold + allowed to purchase at anyone time . But on this one all the usual and when it comes to ammo all it has is Allowed ammo amounts to (hold) in various calibres as normal , But nothing stating max allowed to be (purchased) at anyone time , Now is that the new format or has the allowed purchase part missed off .

Correct me if I am wrong but the new format removes the amount allowed to purchase and puts more responsibility on the FAC holder by only stating maximum holdings.

GS

Thats the way it looks and is much better if so , i have allways thought how silly to have a purchase limit when you have a hold limit , So it sounds that mine is correct , my only concern was if i go to buy some ammo is the rfd going to say it does not say how many rounds you can purchase .

I would not worry about it mate. I got my variation a few months back and not a single RFD has raised an eyebrow, all they care about is that you have authority to buy the ammo. The more they sell, the more money they make lol

GS

I dont think your far off the mark there , But thanks for letting me know as i was dreading sending it back in at this time of year to get ammended , I sent it in 2wks ago for a variation + bits updated mods etc , so rang on tues , got the same old staff off sick extra busy and ring back in 2 weeks , asked if would get it before xmas got a sigh and doubt that reply and so left it at that , But give credit where its due it arrived this morning . Really pleased and got what i asked for .

The new style FAC only lists ammo to hold. I am an RFD and I dont have any issues with it. Its up to you the certificate holder not to go over your limit.

Out of interest, if any RFD is prepared to say, what's the mark up on centre fire ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim xyz View Post
    Out of interest, if any RFD is prepared to say, what's the mark up on centre fire ammo?
    Depends on make but there is very little mark up on any ammo Its like selling petrol you need to shift BIG number to make anything. and there is more money to be made out of secondhand and old guns than new, unless you are selling shotguns for mega bucks!
    Its expancive on carridge as well as it comes only on TNT

Cheers Multiman

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Thats the way it looks and is much better if so , i have allways thought how silly to have a purchase limit when you have a hold limit , So it sounds that mine is correct , my only concern was if i go to buy some ammo is the rfd going to say it does not say how many rounds you can purchase .
    Yeah, the format changed about 12 months ago so all RFDs will be up to speed now and will be fine with the hold limits rather than purchase amounts.

Happy hunting