Carlton Moor Tunnel Range

MJR

Just got back from an evenings load testing and zero and saw this thread had been started
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?9574-Day-out-at-Carlton-Moor-Range
I've used this tunnel several times and its all Stone has described and an excellent place to do your load testing/zeroing in comfort and away from the elements. Anyone thinking of a visit won't be dissapointed.
p.s. I have no commercial connection with the facility but would highly recommend it.

MJR

Looks great. How is it priced? By the hour or the day?What is the hourly rate?

Thanks

I saw this place online on sunday and went up for a play on monday! awesome set up, a great place to find that perfect load out of the elements, if that be your thing! Its £10 an hour!

MJR
it is a great set up and was totally impressed
as for the photo's;)
not seen or tried any other range that can offer the same facillities at such a cost
i know it is not every ones cup of tea ,but for those that hav no where to zero or not sure on what is wrong with their set up and bullets
it is a perfect place to start and guaranteed to put you right direction
as i get asked by quite a few to help out setting up and getting into stalking
as i hav no where to help those properly zero, this i will be my recommended destination for the foreseable future from now

Very similar facilities at Stead hall Rifle and Pistol club. Indoor tunnel range with club house, with 2, 100 yard tunnel ranges open monday wednesday and friday nights at £5 a night. I am only recently a member will do a right up some time for you to have a look.

George

Hi,

I have just booked an 1-2 hour slot at the Carlton Moor range next Wednesday 23.02.2011 at about 12pm.

Just wondering if anyone else would like to join me. It will give a chance for the barrels to cool before taking another 3 shots.

I am taking my .17HMR, .243 and .270.

Let me know if anyone is free, would be good to meet some other guys off the SD.

Cheers

Ross

Great afternoon.

Had a great afternoon at the range. Mike and Dweeb were very good.

My Remington 700 .243 did very well as seen in the picture. Using Remington 75gr Accutip was by far best result Vs Norma 58gr Vmax. My mate uses the same Norma in his .243 so the 17 I have left from the box will be going to a good home!! Not that the foxes will think so!!!

I have set this 1" high at 100 yards.

IMG00080-20110228-1713.jpg

My Tikka T3 lite .270 did very well. I tried some Norma 130gr SP but the group was >1inch. So will stick with the 130gr Federal SP which did a good group. (Pictured)

This was set to dead on at 100 yards.

IMG00081-20110228-1717.jpg

Would definitely recommend the range to anyone. I will definitely be visiting again soon.

Cheers

Ross

Mike once again showed me excellent hospitality, this evening in his excellent tunnel range facility.

After receiving my FAC back from the FLO it was a quick 2 hour trip to collect the rifle, followed by a quick phone call to Mike on the way back - "Busy this evening? What time are you back from your travels? Should be there in about 2 hours if that's OK?". Mike met me in the dark having not long got back from stalking in Suffolk...but that didn't stop him opening up the range at 7pm on a Friday evening to help me zero my new setup.

Always a pleasure, in superb surroundings, with great professional company - thanks Mike, much appreciated.

Hope to catch you again soon,
Oly

Mike met me in the dark having not long got back from stalking in Suffolk...but that didn't stop him opening up the range at 7pm on a Friday evening to help me zero my new setup.

Always a pleasure, in superb surroundings, with great professional company - thanks Mike, much appreciated.

Hope to catch you again soon,
Oly

Thats what makes the difference I feel, a personal touch from a proffessional person that you can rely on, time and time again
who will only to be happy to guide you in the right direction , at a time when you need it
not wot suits them
what more can you ask:thumb:

Thats what makes the difference I feel, a personal touch from a proffessional person that you can rely on, time and time again
who will only to be happy to guide you in the right direction , at a time when you need it
not wot suits them
what more can you ask:thumb:

Absolutely, plus friendly informed banter without the macho bull that seems to plague some in the industry. Brilliant.

Yes, it was me away with Mike in Suffolk doing some of my level 2. Personally I don't think you will find a better place to zero or work a load up for you rifle.

I don,t think you,ll find a better place to zero out of the wind and rain,mike know,s his stuff around rifles and deer!I was down in suffolk doing some of my level 2 with mjr,mike and pete,cheers chaps:D

BUT...with handy adjustable fans to cool down your barrel! Brilliant...everything thought of at a reasonable hourly price.

hi people hope your all well and your all injoying coming and see mike and me at work nice to meet you all and i have made many friends and learning alot of different things.
and the kettel is allways on for a brew

Back