Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable high seat

Portable high seat

Hi guys
    looking to get a portable high seat

anyone use the ones below and how do you find them

1). Hercules portable high seat

2). Stalkers uk portable high seat

both look similar build and quality, any views on quality and preferred make or any others that are decent or proven

going on pictures only I am leaning towards the stalkers uk model as it has the options of height add on and free standing

cheers

phil

I have a Hercules. Not seen the other one you mention, but the Hercules is good at what it does. Lightweight and easy to erect quickly.

Cheers palmer-Mike

phil

I've got one from reeves which is the same design as the bushwear one and many others out there, it's ok, but way more expensive than the others, and I will say this, on any of the lighter weight ones you find there is flex in the shooting rest bar, and it does my head in, that and the fact you really can only use the rest for shooting directly in front of you, not much use for sideways shots. Just my two pence worth....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Hi guys
    In the end have ordered the Hercules from scott country 239.00 all in, couple of others were cheaper and on sale but non in stock ?

I went for the Hercules because it had two supports on the rifle rest, which should help stability.going to use it above a nice little valley for fallow, put it up am and use pm then take it away after

The one there originally has been wrecked twice by kids, (I've had that repaired and moved it to another area), damage was probably because I locked a sheet 50 mm mesh on the rungs top to bottom to stop access.

Live and learn something new every day me 😃

Cheers

phil

I have been told that the jagersport portable seat is the very best but at 409+vat so it should be!

Jagersport

Made my own,second hand tele ladder,fleabay,folding fishing chair,u bolts job done,80 tops.

Philip, if I'd seen this earlier, I would have lent you my Hercules so you could try one before you purchased. Good little seats - think you'll be pleased with it and sounds ideal for what you want to do.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Made my own,second hand tele ladder,fleabay,folding fishing chair,u bolts job done,80 tops.
    Any chance of a photo or six of what it looks like and how it is assembled ?