Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kammo coat issues

Kammo coat issues

Hello gents.

I wanted to hear your experiences with Kammo clothing. Ok here's my issue .
    I have had a couple of Kammo coats and trousers over the years and always found them to be excellent quality ( if a little on the heavy side ) .

About 16 ,months ago , I bought a new Kodiak jacket with Advantage Image pattern to replace my 12 year old Kodiak jacket that had the same pattern.
    The old coat had served me well , but was looking a little shabby and tired. So it was time for a new coat , I stuck with Kammo as a tried and trusted brand.

Now the bad bit - After one wash ( not boil wash BTW) - I would estimate 80% of the colour from the pattern has gone - The jacket is now a horrible yellow colour and actually looks far older than the 12 year old coat that it replaced. Even before going in to the wash , the coat leaked and two of the press studs fell off.

Now the coat looks crap , and worse still it leaks. - I am absolutely possitive Kammo clothing used to be better than this.... Any else had issues.

Last question - I will probably need anther coat soon - Any sugestions for under 250 - must be breathable , warm and silent.

Alan
    Last edited by sir-slots-alot; 15-12-2014 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Now the bad bit - After one wash ( not boil wash BTW) - I would extimate 80% of the colour from the pattern has gone - The jacket is now a horrible yellow colour and actually looks far older than the 12 year old coat that it replaced.
    Alan
    I feel for you as I had the same issue way back in 2003/4 after the first wash within a week of purchase. I ended up giving it to a charity shop as I got nowhere with Kammo. 250 something down the U bend and I only went ouside in it once!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I have two Kammo coats of different types. They were bought from the original owner of the company. They are an excellent product and continue to give good service. At that time the customer service from the original owner was excellent too. If you search for other Kammo threads on here, you will find a very different story in recent years, which is rather sad.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

I have one of the older models, always kept me dry but they are a bit 'boil in the bag' when you start to exert yourself.
    I am sold on Sitka clothing now.
    Cheers
    Richard

I tried to buy some Kammo gaiters a few years back but their website wasn't working properly and was giving an error. I emailed them notifying them of the problem and never heard anything back. I went on their site again just now, first time since, out of curiosity and note that the gaiters are listed out of stock until April?!

I have a as brand new Kammo Kodiak in dark green in my wardbroad, must be 20 + years old and has a double membrane in it. Original company was Trueman Neilson and I think based in Welshpool. Original coats were brilliant, however now a pale shaddow of the originals.

Mine leaked a little the first time I wore it however we were pike fishing on LLandegffyd when a deep low went through, we had several inches of rain and had waves crashing over the boat all day in nigh on gale force conditions, it was very extreme, it went back and had another liner inserted. I don't think I have worn it more than 5 times since.

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I have one of the older models, always kept me dry but they are a bit 'boil in the bag' when you start to exert yourself.
    I am sold on Sitka clothing now.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Wow just looked on Amazon trousers between 500 and 700 I dare not look at the jackets I might pass out.

Steven

Interestingly the coat (camo patten) I refer to is now discontinued and the remaining few sold off for 129!

http://www.kammo.co.uk/communities/9...4605208671.jpg

Now I do feel wound-up but Kammo will learn I'm not the type of chap to make an enemy of.

Cheers!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I'v got the old DPM coat when they gave a F*** now they are new owners he's a fat pig who runs it will not do any repairs or good will under the for life warranty i had !! never again will i cross the kammo door feck em

I have 2 Kammo coats that are 18 yrs old and still going strong.The new owners seem to have ran the brand into the ground. Very rare to hear anyone with positive comments.