Thread: 300 winmag die

300 winmag die

Looking for a full length .300 winmag die, preferably carbide, but would take a used, (clean) any make.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Looking for a full length .300 winmag die, preferably carbide, but would take a used, (clean) any make.
    I recall you saying that you'd bought a RCBS set from Spud in your earlier post?

Odd expereince with second hand dies.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can't get Carbide die sets for rifle calibres. It's a ring of Tungsten within the sizing-die mouth so these are only for straight-walled (pistol) cases.

I've got 2 sets of .300 WM dies, but on checking they are both LEE. They are free of extraneous deposits, as I look after my kit.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

You are correct on the Spud purchase, I seem to be cursed with some sort of bugaboo with full length dies in this cal, the only make I have not tried is LEE, so if you are offering up a LEE full length die I am interested, Steve. p.s. Carbide as in sizing button.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I know you want a FL die but IMO neck sizing (or barely FL) to headspace off the shoulder and the belt is the way forward

I have a FL die but have not used it yet on fired rounds yet!

Finnbear

i have set of lee full length LEE dies if your interested i managed to pick up three sets when i bought my .300 win mag recently

if you want them Keith (Sikadog) has my mobile number

regards

Lee

I have Lee Deluxe 3-set for 20GBP posted.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I know you want a FL die but IMO neck sizing (or barely FL) to headspace off the shoulder and the belt is the way forward

I have a FL die but have not used it yet on fired rounds yet!
    Getting by with the neck sizer at the mo', but will need to re size some other sourced used brass.

Thanks Artur, sorted with leebutt now.