Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up - Poaching

Angry Heads up - Poaching

Seven Reds shot and skinned on site on Saturday night on a Norfolk farm.
    Looks like Xmas poaching has started here, I'm sure this is not the first ?

Max

We have had a couple on our ground one of them went away with a suprise but no deer, but most have gone nocternal.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have heard of some guys using a .17hmr around here on any deer they can shoot. Use to be lots of roe here but dont see many now!

we had some bother on our ground (and maybe still do for all I know). pretty upsetting and I feel like somebody is stealing from me, not to mention potential safety issues as its likely these folks don't know the lie of the land and are shooting from vehicles in the middle of the night, creating potential danger to concealed houses, paths and livestock which is not easily seen.

most disturbing for me was when a .22 LR was retrieved from a roes leg which I had shot. god only knows how long it had been carrying this around for. Its sad to say that this is a very difficult crime to catch people at and indeed stop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	50377

1 lowland red takes some handling, never mind 7. They must be seriously kitted up. How many of us has a vehicle to load 7 reds into. Did it appear that they'd all been put down at that site in one go or had the waste been dumped?

novice

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    1 lowland red takes some handling, never mind 7. They must be seriously kitted up. How many of us has a vehicle to load 7 reds into. Did it appear that they'd all been put down at that site in one go or had the waste been dumped?

novice
    I would say they are professional villains who are well kitted out with NV gear, maybe legal weapon/weapons or illegal (are they going to give a toss) and a chiller wagon not far away. They would have done there homework so not random. Skinned on site and butchered elsewhere and either sold to a bent butcher or on any weekend market. What gets me is nobody but nobody ever see's these people. I know they have the advantage, being that they know when they are going poaching but with all the foxers out there at all hours you would think someone would come across them.
    You tell me the answer

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post

novice
    You can get more than 7 Lowland Reds into a pickup buck with a truckman top. I wouldn't have thought they'd all be gert stags. A winch or a block and tackle would help load them in. I would say it would be doable with two determined blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    You can get more than 7 Lowland Reds into a pickup buck with a truckman top. I wouldn't have thought they'd all be gert stags. A winch or a block and tackle would help load them in. I would say it would be doable with two determined blokes.
    Mob handed I recon.

I have loaded five big hinds on my own into the back of a pickup, doubt if they skinned on site, probably dumbed skins, ask the local fox lampers, probable a bait point to make it easier to shoot foxes, I have often gone back in the evening and shot fox on gralloch, of course this would make it s non story

These scum do not give a thought for anything, other than getting whatever they are after at any consequences ie you or others getting hurt in the process of trying to stop them. The only people that they are frightened of is the police and the judge and the thought of the nick for a spell.
    Me, i just take a note of any suspicious cars that are about and always ask the farmers if they know the owners and if i dare say something was to happen or go a missing etc the details would be passed onto the authorities. Do not put yourself at risk of accusation for something that wasn't said or risk to your own wellbeing. My nephew worked as a groundworker then supervisor and manager on an estate and after it was sold there where problems with staff being paid off and thats when the poachers moved in, There was a lot of shooting going on at night and he was told by the owner to get out and see what was happening, needless to say there where a few guys with rifles and shotguns that said to him well you need to stay here and we can come back at anytime to see You he quickly said that the police had been called and would be there as soon as and one of the guys lifted a scanner out of his pocket and said not for another 30 mins, so get toFeck. My nephew went away and looked about the road and nothing, must have been dropped off to do whatever. He quickly made his way back to his house and waited till the police came. Told me that he sh!t himself and thought that they would do him in, did they ever get them? Well can pigs fly? Never Put Yourself at Risk!!!!!