Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now this could be useful

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Now this could be useful

Seen a lot of gear over time that nearly always not really needed. But seen this and thought for finding shot animals in cover (had one the other day) that could be really handy.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/HG...66ee9b6272de2a
    Pricey--but handy.
    Last edited by teyhan1; 15-12-2014 at 16:18.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Could be very useful if it works, wonder whAt sort of range one might be able to detect a deer sized object at?

Blog Entries
    I am a traditionalist and don't believe in using TI to find live deer.
    Not being personal but I think it just makes lazy stalkers look better than they are.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Not being personal but I think it just makes lazy stalkers look better than they are.
    Great for finding that dead deer in the bloody heather though!!!!

Don't think anyone mentioned live deer, did they?
    i was also thinking of follow up in cover.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Don't think anyone mentioned live deer, did they?
    i was also thinking of follow up in cover.
    Glad we're on the same wavelength.

Saw a program about these being used to see the heat prints left on a POS keypad at the till to see exactly what you PIN is and then grab your card and spend your cash later.

I am not unsympathetic to your view but would you care to expand on your belief in tradition?

I know my rifle and telescopic sight definitely make me look a better stalker than I am. At what point in the historic progress of hunting equipment do you draw the line in terms of technology and why?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Don't think anyone mentioned live deer, did they?i was also thinking of follow up in cover.
    By the time you've bought an iphone and this add on you could have a puppy, more work I know but more reliable for finding deer in cover than thermal imaging.

Buy a dog
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY