Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i fit rifles in my cabinet?!?!

How do i fit rifles in my cabinet?!?!

hey guys, i have a 5 gun bratosound cabinet and am having trouble fitting my rifles in.

it has a locking top and is deep with extra height. although i have on shotgun and 2 rifles presently i cannot seem to fit them in without the scope hitting the door or it being un balanced and falling back and hitting the door, i started to stand them barrel down as i have some foam in the bottom but this has not helped. any help would be much appreciated!

Sounds like you've got a normal shotgun depth cabinet, the rifle ones are listed as extra deep and you wouldn't be having the issue you describe.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Sounds as though it's a 5 shotgun cabinet if you are having trouble with scoped rifles. If you have effective mounts on your scopes then they'll take the abuse of being pushed around into a position that keeps them there and allows you to close the door. Short of that, you'll need to get a cabinet which specifically accomodates scoped rifles or you could just take the scopes off. If you do that then I would advise you purchase a laser bullet to line your scope up instead of wasting bullets everytime. Zero at 16 yards with the laser against a white surface and it should be there or there abouts at 100 yards, maybe a tweak or two needed.

All the best,

Scott

Put them in sideways it works in a shotgun cabinet.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Scopes to the back, not to the door side.

Neil.

3 ways,and depends on your budget! Get some foam and cut it to length/width of each slot but cut it with more depth, fill in each slot either side, then rest the barrel of what was once the divider, effectivley making one slot out of two, or pull the whole divider off the cabinet, and space it further out with either foam or some wood, or just sell the cabinet and buy one suitable for rifles! if its the latter, buy a bigger cabinet than you think you'll need.

I've always just worked on the principle that a 5-gun/rifle cabinet will take 3 scoped rifles with enough space around them fore easy access... so the solution is a second cabinet next to the first!!

got the same scopes to back at rifles in at 45 deg door shuts no probs slings and pods removed & s/g's barrel down extra deep my arse real pain using the others in the ???? other place

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    I've always just worked on the principle that a 5-gun/rifle cabinet will take 3 scoped rifles with enough space around them fore easy access... so the solution is a second cabinet next to the first!!
    +1. Just got a second cabinet for that very reason. I can put the rifle in the cabinet now without the bipod or scope bumping another rifle. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by CCB View Post
    3 ways,and depends on your budget! Get some foam and cut it to length/width of each slot but cut it with more depth, fill in each slot either side, then rest the barrel of what was once the divider, effectivley making one slot out of two, or pull the whole divider off the cabinet, and space it further out with either foam or some wood, or just sell the cabinet and buy one suitable for rifles! if its the latter, buy a bigger cabinet than you think you'll need.
    I cut a piece of ply that sat on top of the original dividers and secured it with cable ties, all it does is move the slots further away from the back of the cabinet but it works for me.
    Paul