Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good start on CWD/Munties with Finnish clients

Good start on CWD/Munties with Finnish clients

Sunday saw me making my way to Heathrow to meet 3 clients from Finland. The plan was to meet to Andy (Tikka 308) up at the BB in Bedfordshire and then hunt over the next 4 outings on the three areas I have.

The largest area is 2000 acres, with two more totalling 600 acres, one of which is alive with Muntjac. The first outing was hampered by cold strong wind which did not help at all. However the weather changed the next day and the deer started to show. The shooting could have been more consistent, but then a great many Finnish people are not used to shooting off sticks, which when hunting CWD on some of the large fields I have makes it difficult.

Anyway we managed 3 CWD, one possibly medal quality, and 2 Muntjac. But if we had a bit more luck we would have had 8 on the floor for 4 outings and 3 clients. None the less 3 happy clients and return booking in place for next year.

My grateful thanks to Andy, (senior guide PH) I believe is the new title but that has yet to be confirmed by Grand dad aka JAYB!! For the cracking guiding and help over the 3 days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0061.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	588.1 KB 
ID:	50424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0071.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	591.8 KB 
ID:	50425
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

The photo looks like 2 very happy clients and one in the middle rather less so!! You need to learn "Say cheese" in finnish.....

(Good result, and a return booking tells you all you need to know about how pleased your clients were with the experience).
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Did they have an option to take back any of the venison with them? Because it would be a shame if they didn't have a chance to actually taste some CWD! Looks like a great day though. It just makes me even more excited about the coming weekend.

Well done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    My grateful thanks to Andy, (senior guide PH) I believe is the new title but that has yet to be confirmed by Grand dad aka JAYB!!
    Now now now, he can't just get the clients calling him PH and then change his title just like that! That's taking advantage of the language barrier! Just remember Grandad giveth.... and Grandad can taketh away!

They all spoke excellent English
    It was a good few days with the 3 guys Malc, like you say it was a tough start but it all turned good when the weather changed for the better.
    The best Cwd I have seen to date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141216_081317.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Did they have an option to take back any of the venison with them? Because it would be a shame if they didn't have a chance to actually taste some CWD! Looks like a great day though. It just makes me even more excited about the coming weekend.
    Lawrence, they took both CWD and Muntjac haunches and back straps with them. Except for one Munty that went to the landowner and his wife, who are some of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

See you this weekend along with Trevor. I will make sure we have a hearty breakfast afterwards in the bothy.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

looks like a good weekend to me.

Oiy! Malc & Andy
    GET OFF MY LAND !
    Tin Can Alley has now been fenced so keep out.

Now now now have you been over and done a head count ?. That would take some doing