Good start on CWD/Munties with Finnish clients

Sunday saw me making my way to Heathrow to meet 3 clients from Finland. The plan was to meet to Andy (Tikka 308) up at the BB in Bedfordshire and then hunt over the next 4 outings on the three areas I have.

The largest area is 2000 acres, with two more totalling 600 acres, one of which is alive with Muntjac. The first outing was hampered by cold strong wind which did not help at all. However the weather changed the next day and the deer started to show. The shooting could have been more consistent, but then a great many Finnish people are not used to shooting off sticks, which when hunting CWD on some of the large fields I have makes it difficult.

Anyway we managed 3 CWD, one possibly medal quality, and 2 Muntjac. But if we had a bit more luck we would have had 8 on the floor for 4 outings and 3 clients. None the less 3 happy clients and return booking in place for next year.

My grateful thanks to Andy, (senior guide PH) I believe is the new title :D but that has yet to be confirmed by Grand dad aka JAYB!! For the cracking guiding and help over the 3 days.

DSC_0061.jpgDSC_0071.jpg

The photo looks like 2 very happy clients and one in the middle rather less so!! You need to learn "Say cheese" in finnish.....:lol:

(Good result, and a return booking tells you all you need to know about how pleased your clients were with the experience).

Did they have an option to take back any of the venison with them? Because it would be a shame if they didn't have a chance to actually taste some CWD! Looks like a great day though. It just makes me even more excited about the coming weekend.

Well done guys! :thumb:

My grateful thanks to Andy, (senior guide PH) I believe is the new title :D but that has yet to be confirmed by Grand dad aka JAYB!!

Now now now, he can't just get the clients calling him PH and then change his title just like that! That's taking advantage of the language barrier! Just remember Grandad giveth.... and Grandad can taketh away! :lol:

They all spoke excellent English :cool:
It was a good few days with the 3 guys Malc, like you say it was a tough start but it all turned good when the weather changed for the better.
The best Cwd I have seen to date.

Attachments

• 20141216_081317.jpg
    20141216_081317.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 71
Did they have an option to take back any of the venison with them? Because it would be a shame if they didn't have a chance to actually taste some CWD! Looks like a great day though. It just makes me even more excited about the coming weekend.

Lawrence, they took both CWD and Muntjac haunches and back straps with them. Except for one Munty that went to the landowner and his wife, who are some of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

See you this weekend along with Trevor. I will make sure we have a hearty breakfast afterwards in the bothy.

They've been nobbling your stock ginge and even had the neck to compliment the comfort of your high seats while they were at it! :lol: ;)

They are the best seats I have ever been in, so easy to get in them and 3 could sit in one seat. You need to become a trader and start selling them Ginge.

Now what is all this nonsense about Senior Guide PH, why should anyone want Pointy head appended to their title I will never understand. I take it that is what it means or is it Probationer Hunter, I shall have to give this some thought but I won't be wasting a lot of time on :rofl:.

Another thing stop abusing Ginge, that's the dodgem car drivers job :eek:

Back