Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad bike thefts

Quad bike thefts

Hi guys as some of you might be aware there is a serious amount out of quad thefts going on. I live in the south lanarkshire area of Scotland and there isn't many farms that havnt had quads,chainsaws and other tools stolen.A few nebours have been hit in the last few night my brother's landrover went last night. I ask if everyone could keep a eye out for suspicious vans pickups going about at night.
    Some of the thiefs are bold enough to driving the quads down the roads. If you do see anything please report it to the police.Some poor old farmer is going to end up getting hurt if they confront them.

Kind regards kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 17-12-2014 at 19:03.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

It's a real problem here too.... but what I don't get is most if not all the quads stolen from local farms in recent years have been data tagged, so how do they sell them on?
    None seem to ever get found
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I'm actually working up there the now and there has been a lot went missing, always seems to be a bad area for agri crime, farm i was on last week had his landy nicked and has now put up camera that flash and take ur photo when u pass.
    Is it legal to have these on a public road thou??

About 3 years ago they were working the crawfordjohn valley and didnae miss many farms, stole the security camera on 1 bit, cheeky *******s and on 1 farm where they couldnae steal the bikes done all the tyres on pick up and 2 trailers just pure baddness

I heard that some had "made their way" to N.Ireland.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Many years ago when i was working on the F&M tidy up in cumbria a farmer told me a story.

He was getting feed blown into his silo when his wee lassie came up to him telling him there were quads in the tipper, she had been looking through the pophole/eye glass things at the bottom and spied them.
    Farmer thought she was making it up so never thought about it, eventually phoned the feed company out of couriosity and he had had his bike nicked recently too, its next load was going to ireland. Took it in and tipped it at ferry to find quads strapped to the floor. Cheeky buggers

I have herd of the quads in grain lorries aswell. They have real cheek. They steel the quad and then come back 2 to 3 weaks later to see if you have a new one then nick that aswell. They have no fear. Cameras don't bother them the just put balaclavas on. All you get to see is your quad getting nicked. On one of the farms close to me they broke in to the work shop where the quad was kept but couldn't get the quad. So they went out and cut every hydraulic pipe on the tractors. Our biggers fear is that they do the same or worse happened to us. Like they set the place on fire. It realy is getting to the stage that we can't sleep at night.

Regards kev

This won't help u then, but 1 of the other farms i do work for has wintering sheep further west and say it is fairly common if they can't get ur bike they empty the gerry can sitting next to it over the bike.
    Wot can u do wi scum like that.

If u actually catch them in the act u either get a kick in or worse from them or if u actually batter them u will end up being done.
    Are the polis still as usless as last time, the farmers were not hapy with the response they got.

Countrryboy you know what like, if they make it into court it's never taken seriously anyway....

alright stranger!!
    How's things, if i get a signal the morro i'll give u a bell. Last i heard u were misbehaving and ur mrs had grounded u again

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    This won't help u then, but 1 of the other farms i do work for has wintering sheep further west and say it is fairly common if they can't get ur bike they empty the gerry can sitting next to it over the bike.
    Wot can u do wi scum like that.

If u actually catch them in the act u either get a kick in or worse from them or if u actually batter them u will end up being done.
    Are the polis still as usless as last time, the farmers were not hapy with the response they got.
    Aye still usless as ever. A local farmer saw them trying to get in to his workshop. He phoned the police they turned up a hour later mean while the thiefs had walked to another farm half a mile away and nicked his chainsaw and some other stuff. If the chopper had went up the could have caught them in the middle of the fields on the way to the next farm. I have herd that about the gerry need less to say it is no where neer the bike.As you say it's not worth getting a doing or worse for a quad.They can have it. All you can do is try an make things less inviting for them to come into the farm in the first place.

Regards kev