Welsh terierr

Roch

Is there any hunting, working welsh terriers left in UK? I haven't seen them here. I know that in Europe they still in use as a working dogs.
Cheers,
Dawid

Is there any hunting, working welsh terriers left in UK? I haven't seen them here. I know that in Europe they still in use as a working dogs.
Cheers,
Dawid
I would imagine a working welsh terrier would be a very rare thing indeed. There will always be individuals that will work rare/less well known breeds just to be different. There is a reason certain breeds of dogs are rarely seen in the working field, that reason is there are better breeds out there.

I would imagine a working welsh terrier would be a very rare thing indeed. There will always be individuals that will work rare/less well known breeds just to be different. There is a reason certain breeds of dogs are rarely seen in the working field, that reason is there are better breeds out there.
That make sense in Europe they are use mainly for wild boar.

I had one in the eighties when we had our farm, got him from a rescue centre, used him on foxes and in thick undergrowth to get rabbits and hares to flush out. He was hard as nails and wouldn't back down from anything including the guard dogs, (gsd's). Very quiet, didn't like a fuss making about him, aloof is a good description for him.

Scoby270

I owned a Welsh Terrier years ago. I remember taking him to see a terrier expert who straight away announced that his head was not brad enough to be a true working stock terrier. I think to get them anything back like a real Welsh they might need a Welsh X Patterdale to add some breadth into the head.

Also, he liked enclosing in a small box that he could barely fit into. Mad dog, Rusty the Rocket.

Ian

I'm currently working with a keen terrierman who does a lot of work for the local hunts - he said that he had never seen one.

Twts

Back