Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food processor to mince meat for burgers?

Food processor to mince meat for burgers?

As the post says. I do not yet have a traditional mincer. Will the food processor do the job?
    JS
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Chop it up as fine as you can by hand with a knife , good knife helps :-)
    Then quick blitz in food processor .... Will do you for small batches rather than semi industrial scale.

Paul

You'll very quickly find that becomes very tedious. And a food processor will just reduce the meat to a paste regardless of how careful you are. Best advice is to spend a few quid on a half-decent dedicated mincer. Trust me, I know! You really won't be sorry, & you can get an adequate one (for domestic use) for around 50 or so

I bought a 60 - 70 mincer and never looked back. Besides the noise of it, it does all I need nicely. Our lass has a fully tooled up kitchen but why bugger something up when you can buy the right tool cheaply.

Previously had a hand mincer and that was useless!

Thanks for quick reply gents. Will get a mincer in the long run but it's a case of necessity being the mother of invention right now.
    Will give the processor a go and try and keep it to short bursts. Only 3 or 4 kilos to do so we'll see how that turns out.
    Was contemplating picking up a cheap hand grinder tomorrow, but probably best making do and getting a decent one for longer term.
    Will let you know how the first batch go.....
    JS

Just to be sure.

Look forward to seeing how you get on. Best of luck

Could lend you the old Kenwood Chef with mincer attachment I use, does a great job, must be twenty years old. Would be tomorrow evening, and depends whereabouts you are, PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    Thanks for quick reply gents. Will get a mincer in the long run but it's a case of necessity being the mother of invention right now.
    Will give the processor a go and try and keep it to short bursts. Only 3 or 4 kilos to do so we'll see how that turns out.
    Was contemplating picking up a cheap hand grinder tomorrow, but probably best making do and getting a decent one for longer term.
    Will let you know how the first batch go.....
    JS
    ive got an old one from my nan and it works very well for me, run it through on coarse then again through fine and it's perfect and doesn't take long at all. I last did about 3kg and didn't get arm ache and didn't take long, however, if you're a noodle armed choir boy you may feel differently!

I used one like this until i got an electric one, a laborious task but it did the job.
    UK HEAVY DUTY HAND OPERATED MEAT MINCER GRINDER KITCHEN BEEF MAKER METAL SAUSAGE | eBay
    Make sure the meat is well chilled, it will mince easier.
    Cheers
    Richard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	50478
    Ok the pictures gone sideways, but chuffed with 5 kilos of venison burgers.
    The food processor dull blade and small motor was hopeless. Ended up using a chopper attachment to a hand blender and doing a handful of meat at a time. Two hours later.....was ready to mix with a secret blend of 57 herbs and spices, some fatty pork mince and hand shaped into burgers.
    Not quite the pretty look but looking forward to trying them !

Just to be sure.