Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox cubs

Fox cubs

On my way to work this morning i saw two pairs of eyes in the road, i slowed right down and saw two very small fox cubs,thats early isent it ?

Dunno, what time was it
    OK, I'll get my coat

Mistaken identity I think, pretty much impossible.

Possibly from a late litter, when you say small, how small and what colour? Cubs I've been getting have been later this year where I am

+1 I would go with late, can't see it being early!

Have seen vixens running in late October in the South which means end of Jan cubs. Usually it's either the moon before or the moon after Christmas meaning late Feb cubs,although I have already heard vixens calling. Can't really explain where your lot came from unless they were part of somebody's release project and bred in captivity.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

They have been known to be released around that area, they were a slightly smaller than a small jack russel, and dark brownish colour , i saw cubs early in that area last year so maybe a release project.

I agree South Warwk's and North Glos were prime spots for "Tame Foxes" when I was a keeper in that area. the earliest I saw cubs above ground though was mid March and they were just turning colour to red so born early Feb. A friend of mine shot 8 foxes one morning near Stratford all within 200 yds of his house, and they were every size and colour you could think of and all having long toenails. I think they must have come from the back of a van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    They have been known to be released around that area, they were a slightly smaller than a small jack russel, and dark brownish colour , i saw cubs early in that area last year so maybe a release project.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

On one of my permissions ive shot over 40 foxes in a year from a single field, the more i shoot the more they keep coming, but im not complaining,,but some of them had 3 legs and operation scars and marks and all very large well built foxes

Don't know about anyone else but we shot a vixen 5 weeks ago on our shoot it was in season .
    foxes have been seen running in pairs on and off since harvest so anything can happen with the weather being out of sinq