Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combined wallet for shotgun cartridges and rifle rounds

Combined wallet for shotgun cartridges and rifle rounds

Having regularly found myself in situations where I'm carrying the wrong gun I have been looking for a combination gun and (being further inspired by Stratts' write up about his new gun) I recently purchased a BRNO (CZ) 12 / .222 which should solve my problems.

There are a couple of minor things needed doing to the gun before trying it out but idly trawling t'interweb last night I came across this

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?i...8449b7e3c09650

which (with just 6 x 12g and 5 x .222 it won't hold enough rounds for a session) is sufficient for the regular walk round with the dog?

To save me buying this from Germany has anyone seen anything similar in UK please?

Thanks.

Iain
    Last edited by Eyefor; 18-12-2014 at 10:08.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Hello Iain,

I buy loads from this German company & they get items to me far quicker than most in the UK. I ordered a custom-sized loden sleeve which arrived in a week & most items are in my hands in 2 days.

Here's something that might be of interest & they have plenty of others,

J

Ammunition Combo Belt - Loden/Leather

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Hello Iain,

I buy loads from this German company & they get items to me far quicker than most in the UK. I ordered a custom-sized loden sleeve which arrived in a week & most items are in my hands in 2 days.

Here's something that might be of interest & they have plenty of others,

J

Ammunition Combo Belt - Loden/Leather
    Many thanks for that and it looks a nice piece of kit - but with my roe sack already belted around my middle I'd prefer a pocket type wallet. Some nice equipment on that site.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Many thanks for that and it looks a nice piece of kit - but with my roe sack already belted around my middle I'd prefer a pocket type wallet. Some nice equipment on that site.

....then get one of their rifle slings which carry a few rounds & keep the rest in a handy pocket in the roe sack........

What roe sack do you use mate? When I'm out for a while I have a bum bag round my waist and the Monarch roe sack sits very comfortably over the top so that belt may be just the job for you. I'll bring mine along when I drop the scope off and if you're about you can see what I mean and try it if you like,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I'm thinking of just slipping my bullet walled over the end of my cartridge belt but I haven't tried it yes to see if it all fits together.

Vero Vellini has this nice one, made in Germany, which fits on the belt and uses changeable inserts to hold 12 rifle cartridge, or just shotshells, or a mix of 4 shotshells and 6 rifle, for a combination gun or drilling.

Attachment 50451Attachment 50452

With my combination, I have a two rifle cartridge carrier on the sling, and carry a couple of rounds in my handwarmer pockets. Thats 4 rounds - more than enough for most outings.

As regards shotgun cartridges, I just carry half a dozen loose in my pockets.

SD Regular
    I have a feeling Harkila do one?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

iv had quite a bit of stuff off a fella in Latvia off ebay he does some nice rifle slings to for little money forgot his name just off hand but if you search bullet pouches or leather rifle slings you will soon find him i have a leather wallet for my combi for .243 and 12g and bullet pouches fot the243 and 308 both different designs and 2 loveley leather cobra style slings and as theyre from Europe theres no duty like buying from the usa ATD Dave