Thread: Points

Last night due to personal reasons, I chose to drive into the city and run some errands (4) for the spousal unit. Three were easy "go to the customer service desk and get refunds" type of errands. The Fourth though was one of those "go buy me this in this store" things. The store was a typical woman's comestic/hair place. Of course there must have been 30 women (ok slight exaggeration)working there while only two were on the cashier desk. So, I get there and have to walk through the whole damn place to find the "hairspray" (why can't they put all hair spray together like in the market?), not one of the 30 women working offers to help or even asks what I want. Perhaps I looked like a martian.... Anyway, I find the stuff, go to the cashier desk and wait, and wait and wait. All of the customers in front of me (women) each had to have a conversation about, oh, I don't know, just everything from colors to texture to boyfriends. Anyway got out of there and I won't be making any points that way again soon. The problem with these points is that it doesn't matter how long or frustrating the errand is you only get the same points.

I'm thinking that if any of these businesses have the slightest appreciation for men succuming to their "partners" they would create a "Mens Section" Not really a section but a specific group to assist men. A man would be greeted at the door, asked what he needed, and immediately taken to check-out. We don't need to discuss any of the crap, just make the damn purchase and get on with life.

SS

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    You see that is where you have made a fatal mistake.
    You should have spent the refunds on a shooting "bargain". Women understand bargains.
    Then you should have got the wrong hairspray and taken at least 5hrs to get it. When she complains just say 'You better get it next time as I get all confused with all those bra's and knickers on show' or ' You'll never guess what but (ex-girlfriend) has started working there. We got chatting and went for a coffee'. She'll never ask you again and you can wander off and play with the 'bargains'.
    I'm sure your fellow countryman Muir can tell you all about 'bargains'
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

A man checkout would be ideal.
    Take your money, package your goods.
    Off you go.
    Simples.

Of course they don't get to see that agonised look on your face as you wait and wait and...
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Sorry to hijack this but can any one explain to me why I always stand behind the lady in the checkout queue who only starts rummaging in the bottom of her bag for her purse when the assistant say that will be Xpounds and after agonizing on which card to use then wants cash back. It not as if she has had pack her items either as they have packers who incidentally normally know the lady and have a chat about life and general matters before starting. -Oh I hate shopping

How about the one that now wants to use the cell phone to pay but doesn't quite know how...

SS

My wife kept putting "liners" on the shopping list. It was only after 3 visits when I told her we had enough bin bags for a decade that she prefixed liners with panty.

bought the wife a car when i first met her well a few since then ! but point is i don't go food shopping as i hate it , i shop for myself but that's it!!! as for supermarkets they should all be one way you miss what you need then go out and have to start and go around again!! why put yourself in a shop with a lot of chin wagging hens you might as well watch anti climbing paint dry I'v just walked away at the till before leaving the goods after having to wait for coupons or chin wagging , my wife also hate me going as i do like to fill up the till space then say i won't all my frozen goods replace now as you have been talking for so long they are no longer cold enough to travel home with !!

i look at it like this if you cock up shopping then you never get the can you just get xyz statement ever again same with house painting ? its worked for the last 30 odd years

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    Last night due to personal reasons, I chose to drive into the city and run some errands (4) for the spousal unit. Three were easy "go to the customer service desk and get refunds" type of errands. The Fourth though was one of those "go buy me this in this store" things. The store was a typical woman's comestic/hair place. Of course there must have been 30 women (ok slight exaggeration)working there while only two were on the cashier desk. So, I get there and have to walk through the whole damn place to find the "hairspray" (why can't they put all hair spray together like in the market?), not one of the 30 women working offers to help or even asks what I want. Perhaps I looked like a martian.... Anyway, I find the stuff, go to the cashier desk and wait, and wait and wait. All of the customers in front of me (women) each had to have a conversation about, oh, I don't know, just everything from colors to texture to boyfriends. Anyway got out of there and I won't be making any points that way again soon. The problem with these points is that it doesn't matter how long or frustrating the errand is you only get the same points.

I'm thinking that if any of these businesses have the slightest appreciation for men succuming to their "partners" they would create a "Mens Section" Not really a section but a specific group to assist men. A man would be greeted at the door, asked what he needed, and immediately taken to check-out. We don't need to discuss any of the crap, just make the damn purchase and get on with life.

SS
    You must be damn ugly. I get offered loads of help in those situations. Merry Christmas
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).