Thread: Sauer 202 Magazine

Thumbs down Sauer 202 Magazine

Hi, here's the question ... Has anyone here had the need to remove the bottom steel section from a 243 200 / 202 Magazine, mine has been dropped and damaged, I have another magazine from a 6.5 which looks exactly the same and just wondered how the bottom bit came off, If at all to swap them over... They are a loose fit, so Im assuming there Is a way to unclip the bottom section ... Over to you ... Thanks In advance ... Mark

Hi Mark,

It's quite simple really.....just squeeze either side of the magazine close to the bottom steel, then simply slide the floor plate forwards to remove. If the floor plate does not come away easily you can give the magazine a slight squeeze in a vice (be careful here though) and a bit of gentle persuasion from the back of the floor plate with a block of wood should do the trick.
    Last edited by Waterfollow; 19-12-2014 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfollow View Post
    Hi Mark,

It's quite simple really.....just squeeze either side of the magazine close to the bottom steel, then simply slide the floor plate forwards to remove. If the floor plate does not come away easily you can give the magazine a slight squeeze in a vice (be careful here though) and a bit of gentle persuasion from the back of the floor plate with a block of wood should do the trick.
    Hi, thank you for that ... 5 minutes In the workshop, 2.00 Sauer mags stripped, cleaned, bit of lube and reassembled ... I can't thank you enough for your help / experience ... Cheers ... Mark

Hey Mark - is the new base made out of steel?

Rgds

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Hey Mark - is the new base made out of steel?

Rgds

Ian
    Hi Ian, yes It Is and as soon as this festive madness ends I would like Jo to recreate the masterpiece, If she would be so kind.

Then we can all return to square one as though nothing has happened ��

Hope your Yule log burns brightly ... Atvb ...Mark