Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight alternative to Optilocks

Lightweight alternative to Optilocks

What would be a high quality, lightweight alternative to Optilocks for Sako xtra low mounts ? Obviously I'm not up to speed on the variety of mounts available, just always used Optilocks. Looking to keep weight to a minimum on the rifle, and having just received a set from a member on here (many thanks Sir), it struck me just how heavy the blued steel bases are.

millet do them , but never seen them in the flesh as i only use optilocks
    i also have a set of weaver /picatinny s mount's so i can fit any rings or NV to my 85 and a IOR rail same for the 75

Third eye / tier do direct fit to dovetail one piece never used any of seen any but worth a look

Leupold do rings and bases that are very good quality, although I still prefer optiloc, are you really going to save any noticeable weight by changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Akeld View Post
    Leupold do rings and bases that are very good quality, although I still prefer optiloc, are you really going to save any noticeable weight by changing?
    I don't know, hence the thread. In all reality maybe an ounce or so if the mounts were aluminium or a light alloy. I would only move away from the Optilocks if I could find the same reliability and quality in a lighter system.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Have you looked at Conetrol mounts and rings. They are incredibly thin. Trouble is you will have to get them from USA.
    Attachment 50480Attachment 50481
    Ignore the base on my Ruger. Look at the rings compared to the Ruger originals.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

How much weight are you expecting to save?

Can't see the weight saving making to much of noticable difference

Al

go for eaw slide off mounts

The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.