Thread: Only in the USofA

Only in the USofA

I have just read that MidwayUSA have donated $5000,0009 (yes thats half a million dollars!) to the NRA’s “graduate studies” program in skills and safety training for young hunters. Otherwise known as the Foundation’s Youth Hunter Education Challenge.

According to the report the YHEC has been helped more than a million young men and women acquire the skills they need for hunting since it first started in 1985.

I wonder how much money our domestic shooting supply companies have donated to any shooting/hunting charity in the last 35 years. I think I could have a pretty good guess............................................. .................................................. ..................................Naff all, zip, zilch, zero, nada, diddly squat.

I wonder if MidwayUK will be happy to make a commitment to do something similar in the UK? Probably not since most companies know that British shooters are just glad to be able to own rifles and will pay through the nose for stuff.

Sad really, we could do with the companies who make the big bucks doing more to support UK shooters and help do more to encourage younger people to take up the sport.

Perhaps 'TheStalkingDirectory' admins could invite MidwayUK to make a statement for the forum? In the interest of a little free publicity amongst us money spending stalkers?

It doesn't have to be MidwayUK. There are a number of big players in the market that could all contribute. Ruag, Eley, are just two that come to mind.