Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I did it. DSC2

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Well I did it. DSC2

Well came home from picking up the kids and my DSC2 certificate was waiting.
    I set myself the task of updating my qualifications last April and although in the mean time I have,

sold my business
    worked on a chicken farm
    taken my son out of school and tutored my him at home
    taken over the running of the home
    sold our house (awaiting moving date)
    I still managed to do it.
    Many thanks to my AW's, despite my cantankerous argumentative ways.

To those people who say why update them, I did it for me. Did I learn something new, yes. I learn't that I need to get my head out of ar$e and improve or like the dinosaurs you will die.

I now have more bloody certificates and badges than is right. But then the thread the other day about hanging about gunshops giving advice and wearing loads of badges have given me an idea. So hopefully when my house move finally gets moving I shall be coming to a gunshop near you in...............it's not Dorset.
    Attachment 50501
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Congratulations. You can be proud of that achievement.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

With everything else on your plate teyhan1 you have done extremely well, congratulations.

Account Suspended
    Great. Well done
    I wish I had your energy and commitment.

Nice one dont move to far

now Dorset will let you have an open ticket

apparently DSC2 is the only way they will now open a ticket before first renewal

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Well came home from picking up the kids and my DSC2 certificate was waiting.
    I set myself the task of updating my qualifications last April and although in the mean time I have,

sold my business
    worked on a chicken farm
    taken my son out of school and tutored my him at home
    taken over the running of the home
    sold our house (awaiting moving date)
    I still managed to do it.
    Many thanks to my AW's, despite my cantankerous argumentative ways.

To those people who say why update them, I did it for me. Did I learn something new, yes. I learn't that I need to get my head out of ar$e and improve or like the dinosaurs you will die.

I now have more bloody certificates and badges than is right. But then the thread the other day about hanging about gunshops giving advice and wearing loads of badges have given me an idea. So hopefully when my house move finally gets moving I shall be coming to a gunshop near you in...............it's not Dorset.
    Attachment 50501
    I raise a glass to you buddy well done it feels great when you open that envelope well done
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Well done Glynn

Alex

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Well done Glynn

Alex
    I shall be bringing the Ruger No1 .257 Roberts to the Monmouth shoot this year.
    With your underlever monster and my No1 the single shots will be out in force
    When is it on this time(next year)?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Well done teyhan1. It's worth the effort that's for sure. AW next then? I'm sure I remember you saying that that was your goal?

Baguio

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    I shall be bringing the Ruger No1 .257 Roberts to the Monmouth shoot this year.
    With your underlever monster and my No1 the single shots will be out in force
    When is it on this time(next year)?
    This year's was at Bisley and I couldn't make it, not sure what the plan is for next year

Mike is planning a potential do at Monmouth after Christmas but it's dependent on numbers so not sure whether it's going ahead at the moment!?....

Wappenshaw