Thread: New Excuse

New Excuse

I have been wanting to purchase a CZ 455 Heavy Barrrel for atleast 10 years but always had other priorities. Now my son is signed up for this in March 2015 and discovered we did not have a "suitable" rifle. timing was right so I now have one on the way!

SS

An excuse is after the fact, when you did it for yourself.
    When you do it before the fact, for your family, that's a REASON.

Looks like fun! I love jack hunting! They are tough to put down cleanly with a 22LR. Good choice on a CZ but, get a 452 or 453 heavy barrel. I have seen that CZ USA has dropped them from their line up and they are really a better rifle than the 455. Well, JMHO~Muir

A friend has the CZ semiauto in .22 WMR and it is pretty darn accurate. He has suppressed several foxes and coyotes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    A friend has the CZ semiauto in .22 WMR and it is pretty darn accurate. He has suppressed several foxes and coyotes with it.
    Is it the 512? (?) There is one at the local Scheels that has been there for ages. I want to offer them some peanuts for it. I have the Brno 611A in 22WMR. Wonderful rifle.~Muir

Yes, that is what he has. It is really nice, well made, reliable, and deadly accurate.

I wonder if BASC in UK could do this for 5 days in the Summer on one of their deer stalking areas. Not for deer though, just for our own humble rabbit.
    I notice that the clip said the scheme is free to participate in. Would BASC be so far sighted/generous?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

It wouldn't be legaly possible Harry for BASC to do such a thing. All the kids would have to be over 14 and have their own firearms certificates.
    I think BASC already do quite a good job to promote shooting for youngsters through the young shoots scheme within the constraints of our very restrictive firearms laws.
    Last edited by 8x57; 26-12-2014 at 16:06.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thirty years ago I worked at a large gunshop in the south west US. The owner was the friend of the (then) owner of Burris Scopes in Colorado. (I believe it was still a Burris then) He was an older gent and we took him out for a game of my invention: 'Trophy Jackrabbit Hunts".

The rules were simple: You needed a bolt action rifle in .22LR., scoped or otherwise. No bipods or sticks.
    Scoring was simple as well: You took the length of the longest ear and divided it by the number of shots needed to kill the rabbit. Example: A rabbit with 8" ears and killed with one shot scored "eight". If it took four shots, it scored a "two". Highest score wins. The guy from Burris loved it and said he was going to have his employees out to give it a try.

I came up with this game because I got tired of hunting jacks with fellows carrying 10/22's with 50 round Mitchell Drum magazines who would strafe rabbits and use volume of fire as a substitute for marksmanship. We spent many summers and winters playing that game. Great fun.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    It wouldn't be legaly possible Harry for BASC to do such a thing. All the kids would have to be over 14 and have their own firearms certificates.
    I think BASC already do quite a good job to promote shooting for youngsters through the young shoots scheme within the constraints of our very restrictive firearms laws.
    Hmm. Hobbled before we even start. Anybody'd think it was deliberate
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.