Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Pro stalking guide Clear all their land

How many Pro stalking guide Clear all their land

out of interest How many of you guys that take people stalking with their own guns have had all your land Police cleared for up to a sensible calibre.

even tho you as an individual will probably have an open ticket and can convey that condition with the estate rifle

Just had my visit and tho it looks like i will get the Deer gun granted with a letter from a previous number of stalks on an estate rifle as previous exp

a closed ticket means i wont be able to use that rifle on paid or invitational stalking unless cleared etc (2 examples that they quote as Good reason to have a FAC granted even without land your self)

and as they wont open till the first Renewal now 5 yrs UNLESS and only if I pay for and pass DSC1 and DSC2 would they consider open any earlier

Now i under stand what they are trying to do but basically i will be able to shoot deer on my own on my 22 acres of land with footpaths whenever i like etc

BUT i cant take that rifle and shoot with an experienced professional shooter under their eye unless they get their land cleared for me first

or I can but use their possibly larger Cal estate rifle with no restrictions but to stay near them

again not a problem until you say that's not changeable for 5yrs or you pay a large sum of money for courses and stalking that you have to borrow a rifle for

now mentor was its own PITA as you could only shoot with the one guy anywhere but seemed most had it and Closed tickets lifted in 6-12mths etc

So in booking a stalk I will require the address and mapping of all areas likely to be used so I can ask my FEO to check its aready cleared (bearing in mind when i went out with Glynn we covered 6-8 differnt permissions and he picked thos out of many more we could have used depending on conditions each day)

Well things seem to be slightly different here in the north, any estate that provides stalking has been basically cleared for all legal calibers, so no real problem, but up here very unlikely to get Clearence for 22 acres , known of places of 200 acres being nocked back as being too small.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    The way we do it is to get your certificate written up as 'land over which xxxxxxxxxx has the shooting rights blah blah blah' xxxxxxxxx being the name of the company you are using.
    That then scuppers the coppers unless they want to spend a few days checking out 50 or 60 individual farms.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Seem to remember a long time back, a certain licensing office wanted all the details / addresses of all the beats on Arran scheme, even going so far as to mither a local bobby on the island, re clearance.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Well things seem to be slightly different here in the north, any estate that provides stalking has been basically cleared for all legal calibers, so no real problem, but up here very unlikely to get Clearence for 22 acres , known of places of 200 acres being nocked back as being too small.
    Oh no we walked the 22acres (next door) and discussed shot angles safe and not safe legal an not legal etc that seems fine with that

hell they even cleared my garden (3/4 acre ) for 17HMR as I have Fox in my live stock 13 so far in 12months.

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    The way we do it is to get your certificate written up as 'land over which xxxxxxxxxx has the shooting rights blah blah blah' xxxxxxxxx being the name of the company you are using.
    That then scuppers the coppers unless they want to spend a few days checking out 50 or 60 individual farms.

trouble with that I will need to get that n on every differnt stalker I would use now and in the next 5 yrs

and Private individual who has invited me to shoot (Invitational is reason to grant)

I did forget to ask but will late if that means they wont open the Rim fires till them as Obviously DSC is nothing to do with them

It's a good point from the original OP. I had that problem myself but with a lot of badgering finally resorting to writing to the cheif constable they then opened my estate to "all deer legal cal's".
    although obviously my FAC was fully open I found out that my 4k acres mostly mature woodland and forest plantation was only cleared for a .22 rim fire !!

Account Suspended
    I believe all ground should be checked and "cleared".
    That way there can be no grey areas.

If even ACPO cannot see any value to checking land I fail to see any point to it!
    It is the responsibility of the shooter to take only safe shots - pure and simple.

I had the same problem before my ticket was opened up. I had a sensible conversation with my FEO and my ticket was amended so that I could shoot on approved land and also use it for "accompanied paid stalking" or words to that effect.