Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you guys would call "Cheeky??"

What you guys would call "Cheeky??"

This is way off the shooting topic but I am still somewhat amazed at what went down at work this week.

The department I work in is very small and specialized and we work largely independent of the rest of the organization, off in our own wing of the building. We do high stress work and like to have our break room as nice as it can be. We put in our own microwave, full sized refrigerator, and we keep a large cabinet stocked with soups, crackers, tea, coffee, sugar and other items that make having to pull overtime less unbearable. One item that is invaluable is our coffee maker. We can't live without good coffee and have run through an endless string of WalMart, $15 coffee makers that took 10 minutes to brew a pot of coffee and burned out in 3 months time. When the last cheapo burned out we pooled our money and bought a Bunn coffee maker. They are US made and not cheap: $337 for a restaurant grade, 2 warmer unit that brews a 12-cup pot in 3 minutes. For the six of us that represented quite and investment but well worth it. They last forever.

Well, two days after we got it, I heard a commotion in our break room and there is some prissy b-tch in a blouse and skirt with a little cart and she is packing up our coffee maker! I ask what she is doing and she puts on an apologetic smile, "Sorry, but Admin wants this downstairs in their break room." I informed her that this would never happen and explained that we, the employees, paid for it outside company channels and pulled the owners manual with a copy of the receipt out of the cubby above the maker. The stupid cow STILL wanted to take it. I took it off her cart, plugged it in to the wall where is had been, pushed she and her cart out the door, and told her to send whoever sent her to take it, up to discuss the matter with us personally. I then told my boss and he was pi$$ed. Nobody ever came up yesterday so i don't know what happened, but Jesus. The balls some people have! ~Muir

Lol, some people have more neck than a giraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The balls some people have! ~Muir
    Or not in her case.... I wouldn't call it cheeky, it's just mindless arrogance. Mind you, you've still got your coffee maker. In this Country some jobsworth would have pulled out the company policy stating that all electrical appliances must be PAT tested and approved by HR/Admin/Manglement/whoever. They'd then go on to announce that utilisation of private and personal electrical equipment is verbotten and as it amounts to theft of company electricity you'll be facing a gross disciplinary hearing.

Have you considered drinking tea? It might cause a lot less aggravation...

Go down to admin and put laxatives in their coffee machine

It's the old blue collar white collar thing Muir,never quite goes away.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Hi Muir
    On a light hearted note should your last line, for accuracy, not read 'The *its some people have!'
    We had our kettles & toasters taken away as '..a potential fire hazard', to be replaced with hot water boilers - tea tastes like soap-water as the water is always boiling....then the crap that comes out when they clean it out - on request.
    Funny thing when I asked if this applied to School Staff Rooms the answer was it is down to the Headteacher - even though it is an Authority Site......I think you have used the phrase '..go figure!' before.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by scoop View Post
    I think I would be putting something different in brown in their machine.

What were they doing in your break room to even know you had such machine?, I can only assume one of them has also helped themselves to your coffee to know how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Or not in her case.... I wouldn't call it cheeky, it's just mindless arrogance. Mind you, you've still got your coffee maker. In this Country some jobsworth would have pulled out the company policy stating that all electrical appliances must be PAT tested and approved by HR/Admin/Manglement/whoever. They'd then go on to announce that utilisation of private and personal electrical equipment is verbotten and as it amounts to theft of company electricity you'll be facing a gross disciplinary hearing.

Have you considered drinking tea? It might cause a lot less aggravation...
    It was her boss that had the balls. Just not enough balls to come up and try it for himself!
    Tea. I like tea but it keeps me awake. I'd hate to alter my job performance any.... ~Muir

Cheeky sods!....

Many years ago we had some workmen turn up to carry out some building work at a retail store I was manager of, their boss asked if they could use our small canteen for their breaks, it had about 6 tables in a small dining area with a kitchen attached. No problem I said, and asked them just to make sure they kept the place tidy.

I walked up there about an hour later to find the six workmen on their break with their boss. Two of them had their feet up on the tables as they reclined back with dirty boots on whilst reading newspapers, they had bought food from a chip shop next door and we're eating fish and chips from the wrappers, there was scrunched up chip papers all over the tables with some wrappers and chips on the floor... They had used our new white kettle to make tea with, the kettle had dirty black fingerprints all over it and there was spilt tea and sugar all over the kitchen counter... They had even left the fridge door wide open..... Talk about taking the p#ss!

I asked to have a word with their boss outside the canteen. I told him in no uncertain terms that the place looked like a troop of F#####g chimps had just had a tea party in there, I told their boss to get the place cleaned up just like it was before they went in there. I was so annoyed that I banned them from using the canteen for the two days they were working at the store. I could not believe the cheek of these people.
    Last edited by paultap; 20-12-2014 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop View Post
    That sounds like a great Christmas present for the "downstairs crowd", should get their Christmas party going in great style!