Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feral/ex racing pigeons

feral/ex racing pigeons

bit of a long shot but you never know,does anyone have access to ex racers they no longer want or any feral/loft pigeons.need some for dog training asap. (homing pigeons gauranteed not to return)
    longer shot not to far from rugby! thanks in advance.

All birds are protected matey!
    You need to be very sure of your legal situation on this!

This cover the flying rats BUT there is more on the web site :

General Licences are not physical Licences for which an application to DEFRA has to be made. Any person that controls feral pigeons on their property must simply adhere to the terms and conditions of the relevant Licence and satisfy themselves that the criteria outlined within it applies to their particular problem and to the specific controls that they intend to use to resolve it.Loosely translated this means that any property owner experiencing entrenched problems with feral pigeons on his/her property can instruct an agent or contractor to kill pigeons and destroy nests on that specific site or building, providing that the terms and conditions of the relevant General Licence are fully met

Would you not be better getting some woodies? Feral pigeons are rats with wings.....wouldn't be wanting my dogs picking them up out of choice.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

all birds are protected!!!! someone better tell the pigeon shooters vermin controllers wildfowlers and game shooters pretty damn quick

if you can catch me some live woodies id be very gratefull need them alive mate so they can be flushed for steadiness control.

You certainly cannot release to shoot. Say goodbye to your guns if caught. Hardly required humane dispatch of trapped or caged vermin. 1500 for drowning a squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by longhair View Post
    all birds are protected!!!! someone better tell the pigeon shooters vermin controllers wildfowlers and game shooters pretty damn quick

if you can catch me some live woodies id be very gratefull need them alive mate so they can be flushed for steadiness control.
    All birds are protected in law.

Pigeon shooters, Vermin controllers, game shooters and Wildfowlers can legally shoot them under the terms of the general licence in the case of pigeons etc and within the legal seasons in the case of wildfowl and game.

jesus some of you need to chill out abit,my reply about being protected has a big grinning face at the end (it was a a bit of fun response)
    as for shooting them if anyone can find any mention of shooting them in my op il ride bare arsed to london (please note the grinning faces again)

Why can you not use pheasants?

Used to to a wee trick with ferals or homers to keep my spaniels steady after flushing many years ago. Good luck with the search.
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270