Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My recommendation for a stalking belt

My recommendation for a stalking belt

A while back I put up on here a request for a stalking belt. The ideas that came back gave nothing too suitable so left it lie. Some were too expensive, and others didn't shrink down small enough for my 30" waist.

When ordering some waders recently off Fishtec, I decided to take a punt at this:

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/car...t/40/yes/62298

Whilst there idea of stalking is creeping up on carp in the margins, this is perfect for deer stalking. The front pouch takes an MTM bullet case easily, the 2 side pockets a head torch and rangefinder and the main section gloves/wet wipes/bin liners/ziplock bags/knife/saw etc. The mesh pouches have my mag in when not loaded and a pair of small gloves.

Been using for a few months, maybe half a dozen outings and cannot fault it.

You hardcore lot can probably cope with a few bits in your pocket, but I prefer to have some kit with me, as a newbie it gives me a comfort blanket! All that gears no good at home or in the car.

I use something similar for my hunting. Can get binos, knives, wet wipes, gloves etc in this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=311185164368

That looks good karbird,damn good price too.
    Thanks for posting.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    I use something similar for my hunting. Can get binos, knives, wet wipes, gloves etc in this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=311185164368
    This looks like a copy of the Snugpak response bag -a fine item. It's worth getting something you can rest a rifle on - a bit of give, but not too round - can be invaluable for chucking on a rock, tree stump whatever when you need a rest...!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I just use the pockets in my jacket.

Al

I fancy one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    I just use the pockets in my jacket.

Al
    That's a pretty novel idea. Between jacket and trousers I have about 12 pockets so something like this would be handy to help me loose my car keys in when out and about... Seriously though each to their own.

Be pretty handy for keeping the rangefinder out of harms way. Also the binos if you don't want to use a harness. I like it

Strap a self inflatable cushion to it and you can deploy as a front rest that will equal if not better the accuracy achievable from a bipod when hill or open ground stalking.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

good item and good advice,
    long time since I had a 30" waist
    stuffs no good in the car when you need it.
    car keys.....always in a special zipped pocket!