Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tactical scope with target turrets

tactical scope with target turrets

Tactical style scope. Vortex viper or similar for a 308 don't want to break the bank but require something of decent quality what do people have lying around unused

I have a falcon menace 5.5-25x50 first focal plane I no longer use, I had it on my 223 but it's a bit on the big size for my needs really. Give me a shout if you want any info.
    cheers.

I have been looking at the falcon but at the minute I am hoping for a vortex realy

Hi there topscots1,
    I just bought a vortex viper pa 6.5-20x50 mil dot from Dingwall model shop they were the cheapest I could find, they are good scopes for the price not quite as good as my Z6 that it replaced but that was 4 x the price.
    Good luck with the hunt for a vortex
    Regards marshall

No prob, good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by topscots1 View Post
    Tactical style scope. Vortex viper or similar for a 308 don't want to break the bank but require something of decent quality what do people have lying around unused
    Hi, I have just received a brand new replacement meopta R1 4-16x44 mildot retical, target turrets etc, after my old one was playing up. I have replaced it with a night force so the meopta is up for grabs. Looking for 700 ish for it if that's any interest to you? Great glass and build quality and has only been out of box once, never mounted.

Cheers, Jim

Ive got a vortex pst 6-24 x 50 ffp, great scopes but limited to 65 moa hence why I didng pug one on my 308. id definitely recommend the leupold 6.5-20x50 vx 3 long range with capped tarvet turrets, over 80 moa total and the optics in my opinion are clearer than the vortex. They pop up on here around ghe 5-600 quid mark. If you're not planning on stretching it out to 1000 meters then 65 moz will be enoygh with a standard 0 incljne rail.

Atb
    Dave

Ring callum at riflecraft, I have bought a few vortex's off them and pretty good service. Just got a viper hst 6-24 which imo is as good as my pst, went for the hst cos a tad cheaper and didn't need the illuminated ret.