Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsc1 and Dsc2

Dsc1 and Dsc2

Hi
    Passed my Dsc1 in September, is there a time limit that you have to take your Dsc2?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggiegun View Post
    Hi
    Passed my Dsc1 in September, is there a time limit that you have to take your Dsc2?
    No, once you have successfully completed your DSC1 you can apply for your DSC2 at any time. Once you have registered you typically have a limit of three years to build and submit your portfolio of evidence. And yes, you could have started building your portfolio of evidence before you apply.

Check the DMQ website for more details: DMQ - FAQ about DSC1 amp DSC2
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 21-12-2014 at 15:08.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

So my Dsc1 last forever and only when I register for my Dsc2 the 3 year time limit applies?

Yes. It's as simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by reggiegun View Post
    So my Dsc1 last forever and only when I register for my Dsc2 the 3 year time limit applies?
    Yes, just like the NSCC (National Stalking Certificate of Competence) did.
    Oh, no......hang on, that then became the DSC 1 and was no longer recognised.
    MS

theres gold in in them there certificates ,trouble is youl have nay choice soon.the modern world is obsessive about papertrails.my job has given me various bits of paper that have to be renewed to stay employed and if SNH and various politicians get their way stalking and shooting will be the same.theres peeps on here been shooting forever could teach the instructors stuff but them in charge arnt bothered by experience just paper.no dsc 1/2 no F C stalking .no first aid ,quad bike ,safe lifting etc my you better do some overtime to pay for all your courses mr.

I am on the same situation. About to sit my DSC1 and then hopefully by May start my DSC2

my fax officer a keen hunting man, encouraged me to do DSC1 as it would make his life easier. Passed in Sept '14. Interestingly enough the examiner commented that "don't bother with the DSC2"
    TBH I was rather baffled and yet a chap i stalk with in Southern Scotland said similar...

Quote Originally Posted by stirts View Post
    my fax officer a keen hunting man, encouraged me to do DSC1 as it would make his life easier. Passed in Sept '14. Interestingly enough the examiner commented that "don't bother with the DSC2"
    TBH I was rather baffled and yet a chap i stalk with in Southern Scotland said similar...
    If you have no interest in bettering yourself or will never want to apply for FC stalking or the like then they're probably correct. However as only you know those answers for someone else to tell you not to bother seems a little strange to me?
    DSC2 will never hinder you that's for sure. Not having it may do though?
    Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 01-01-2015 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    If you have no interest in bettering yourself or will never want to apply for FC stalking or the like then they're probably correct. However as only you know those answers so for someone else to tell you not to bother seems a little strange to me?
    DSC2 will never hinder you that's for sure. Not having it may do though?
    Baguio
    Dsc 2 has undoubted value either via the process of attaining it or using it as evidence of a standard. To say if you don't do it it has something to do with not wanting to better yourself is a little harsh. There are a number of reasons that you might not do a level 2. I personally enrolled for level 2 but didn't complete the portfolio in time as I could not justify paying for stalking when I was stalking so much on my own ground. I will no doubt re register and get it done.
    In my limited experience I have noticed that most of the people I know with level 2 either pay for stalking or are part of an organisation like ddm, the point being that they can complete the stalks as part of the stalking that they would be doing anyway so its less of a time and financial undertaking.
    Level 2 is quite a divisive subject as I have seen people without it but a lot of experience being critical of levwl 2 holdwrs. Ihave also seen level 2 holders questioning non holders credentials.
    Level 2 has undoubted value and won't do you any harm but would be a shame if it became mandatory for deer condition or ground