View Poll Results: Best Moderator? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reflex (T8/T4/MYM)

31 29.52%
  • Ase Ultra (S Series)

11 10.48%
  • Ase Ultra (Jet-Z)

34 32.38%
  • A-Tec

8 7.62%
  • Wildcat

18 17.14%
  • PES (T12/T12 Scout/Small Muzzle Can)

12 11.43%
  • Quick Silver

1 0.95%
  • LEI Sub Compact

0 0%
  • JLS

0 0%
  • None

3 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Mod For Active Stalking

Best Mod For Active Stalking

Partially for fun, and partially because Ill be Getting a new one soon. What Is Your Favourite Mod for active/highseat stalking?

Ive tryed to put on as many as I can think of, but if I've missed any shout and I'll put them on.

It would also be nice if you could do a wee speech about which on you picked to

Thanks

Sam
    Last edited by Sam; 12-03-2010 at 12:28.

ASE Utra Compact.

I do like the PES T12 Scout, but this is more suitable for CF22 rifles.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I would say T8 only because its what i have and find it very good apart from the weight One of my mates has a north star and it seem ok.

Prov

Well I went with the PES (scout), I honestly think they are the best comprimise between Noise reduction, Wieght, cost and balance. Although I havent tried a Titanium yet, so they might be the cats pyjamies!

Sam

PES Scout is useless on anything above a 243 IMHO. Northstar is good as it is stainless and and can go on any rifle without bushes.

Best sound moderator (for moderating sound from centre fire rifle) is the T8

smaller means louder it is just physics.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    PES Scout is useless on anything above a 243 IMHO. Northstar is good as it is stainless and and can go on any rifle without bushes.

Best sound moderator (for moderating sound from centre fire rifle) is the T8

smaller means louder it is just physics.
    I'd have to disagree with that Dan.

I have a T12 Scout on my .270 and I have to say that it's very effective.

Never had any complaints, in fact a lot of people have been impressed with how quiet it is.

There is a VERY big difference between firing it with and without the T12.

You pay's your money and you takes your choice.

ATB
    Moses

Im bias, but the J-TECH Ranger wins hands down!

This the first of 6 models, value for money, quality, 2nd to none!

I use a T4 on a Sauer 202 Outback in 6.5, I find it a good mod for the rifle, its not too heavy and it doesnt unbalance the rifle.
    During the season i saw a wildcat mod being used on a .270 and was very impressed by the mod.

None for me well not on my stalking rifles anyway ,do have one for my .17hmr think its an LEI doesn't say on it what it is but works well.

I am considering the Wildcat Compact. I have a T8 on my 6.5x55 at the moment and would like something slightly lighter, but it has to be stainless and preferably modular. I see PES are advertising a new stainless mod that weighs about 600gms, that could be the answer, but so could Mr Banners Compact!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.