Peak through a Dronepro

Sans Culottes

Hi

Disappointed ex owner of an X sight , seeks a look through a Dronepro prior to making a decision.

I am relatively new to NV and have worked my way up through the original Photon , and now the X - sght, and it looks like I have been expecting too much for my money.

I cannot find a bad reveiw about the Dronepro , nor about the support received, so this is my next step.

However before purchasing I really would like to have a look through someone else's scope to see what I might expect.

Can any one help please?

I live in Northampton

Many thanks

Chris

Sorry I am too far away but I can assure you they are fantastic! I can clearly see foxes at around 500 yards, maybe even more to be honest. By all means find someone's to look through but I would be willing to bet right here and now you will buy one.

Yeah I have read that but not sure what the differences are going to be? Mine is a new version which is colour by day and black and white by night.

As above..... I've shown a few folk & not one expressed a thought that it was worse than expected..... Wish I was closer you could look through mine.

I will,say one thing from what little I have learned with NV .....people pick. Something up ... Look throughout it for 30 secs then proclaim it's p1sh !

No matter what the NV I believe you need to take half hour to fine tune both objective & ocular focus & then try varying IR & between flood to spot and all of a sudden you get that sweet spot where the picture is perfect for your eyes

Paul

As above I've had all the top end gen3 kit and settled on the drone pro at half the price . You won't be disappointed.
Atb Steve

Yeah I have read that but not sure what the differences are going to be? Mine is a new version which is colour by day and black and white by night.

Have just spent an interesting half hour on the phone with NV gear UK talking about the drone. Basically the old drone was a 5x scope with doubler to reach the 10x mag. More recently some of these have been supplied with colour screen in the day and B/W at night as per the X sight. The new drone pro is a dedicated 10x unit that does not have a doubler fitted and will be colour in the day and B/W at night. I understand the new 10x unit will be more compact and lighter than the old 5x drone with doubler. As with all digital NV the use of a penetrating IR source is necessary. The T20 was reported to be better than the NM400 (bummer thats what I have!) and the NM800 better still
It sounds a very capable unit
Stock is expected mid January

Interested to hear why the x sight was so disappointing?
cheers

I imagine a lot is down to too high an expectation from a digital zoom. I was looking at some videos a few weeks ago from some American early samples and the pixelation was horrendous the higher the zoom, just like early digital cameras that would maybe have a x3 optical zoom and x40 digital zoom that would make pictures unusable due to pixelation, you just can't beat optical zoom I'm afraid.

Interested to hear why the x sight was so disappointing?
cheers

Main reason is zero shift when using the zoom function, a problem with the latest firmware that ATN have acknowledged and have said they will fix in an update before the year end.

Buyers have also been disappointed with the NV performance amongst other things.

ATN do not have the best reputation and they are certainly living up to it with the X Sight.

a x3 optical zoom and x40 digital zoom that would make pictures unusable due to pixelation, you just can't beat optical zoom I'm afraid.

I know little about NV but certainly agree with this point for anything involving optics.

Digital zoom is all a bit of a false promise that compromises everything.

Pulsar have a new unit on its way wonder how that will compare to the drone pro.

Pulsar Digisight N870LRF

It the same as an N750 except it has an integrated laser rangefinder.

I have an N750 and a Drone and prefer the Drone for my foxing rifle, the N750 has been relegated to my HMR for bunny bashing where it does an excellent job.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Been off line over Christmas so apologies for not responding sooner.

X sight issues. Battery drained very quickly even without using all the gizmos. NV was really poor even using nm800 IR. Went no further as a good NV is what I want.

All the reassurance re the DP is good, but I would still like a peak through a Dronepro if anyone is within sensible reach.

Thanks.

Back