Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing bullet heads from us

Importing bullet heads from us

The bullet ( heads) are cheaper over here in states going to return to UK soon.
    Should I put them in hold luggage or send them back via post as personal items?
    i heard they can get nasty if in hold luggage
    what you guys think

Done this before. Put them in the hold and entered them on my cert whilst in flight. No problems. I suspect that as post has the go through customs there could be some issues there

Vap

Okay will do that. I have all the proper certs.

you do not to enter the expanding bullets on your own FAC.
    Entering Reloads on FAC
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Ok in case in hold no enter on ticket.

I always enter them in my FAC simply because it shows ammo useage and I cannot see Bass pro or some gun show doing it.

Also if you import bullets that is one thing if you walk through customs and get stopped you have a far better argument if they are on your FAC than if they are not entered.

But as ever I will watch the discussion with interest

Blog Entries

Importing bullet heads from us

Other than signing it you never write on your ticket.

How do you possibly think it shows usage? You can write anything you want!

Your FAC shows only that you have legal authority to be in possession of that calibre in the UK.

Your UK ticket was not used as authority to buy them. It is irrelevant.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapours View Post
    I always enter them in my FAC simply because it shows ammo useage and I cannot see Bass pro or some gun show doing it.

Also if you import bullets that is one thing if you walk through customs and get stopped you have a far better argument if they are on your FAC than if they are not entered.

But as ever I will watch the discussion with interest
    The outcome of my discussions with BASC and ACPO was that if you voluntarily keep a log of your reloading this will assist the FEO in determining that the rifle is being used. There is no need to enter anything on the FAC yourself and BASC advise against doing so.

atb Tim

In the hold case they go

SD Regular
    I was advised by UK Customs (not the UKBA "muppets" but UK Customs) that it was not a bad idea to have the gun shop in the overseas country to actually enter them on your FAC and also keep the gunshop's paper till receipt WITH the bullets...and a photocopy of your FAC packed with them. I suppose, if possible, but didn't ask, with the sale entry of the bullets.

This not being because the UK Law requires it but to protect YOU when re-entering the UK from any accusation that you are trying to bring the things in and have them unaccounted for. In other words everything is "belt and braces" open and above board.

I have great respect for UK Customs as their advice is usually commonsense. Unlike UKBA who are just "muppets". Which is not of course THE Muppets as people generally like THEM.