Thread: Zeroed at last

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Zeroed at last

I sold my Tikka T3 Lite in .243 and my T3 Tact in .308 and purchased a .270 T3 Lite in .270 and a T3 Lite in 22-250. I had kept my scopes, a PM2 3-12x50 for the 22-250 amd a PM2 5-25x56 for the .270

Having lost my stalking ground in December, I had no where to Zero, which was a tad annoying to say the least, fortunatley, one of the lads at work, his Grandad has a farm 10 ish miles away, so I asked if I could zero up there, to which the answer was yes. Ideal.

Went up today after Bore Sighting, Initially set up the target at 15m, this allowes you to to get your vertical sight sorted, relatively easily, and then set up for my horozontal, 1" low to allow for bullet rise at 100m.

To my amazement, at 100m, I was 4" high with both rifles and over to the left about 2", missed the target, with the first 2 from each rifle until I over compansated the shots, after a bit of "Goodness me, that was high", I re-adjusted and off I went.

Finally done, a few more confidence shots later, I'm happy

The .270, the first I have ever shot does go with a bite, pushing 130gr, even with the moderator fitted, the 22-250, like a .22 with a SAK fitted, very happy with both rifles, now......Where's those Deer???

TJ

i still remember when you shot my target holder

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post

i still remember when you shot my target holder

That was funny, as soon as I saw you'd posted, I'd expected that pic to pop up. Smiling now

TJ, good luck with the new kit - and with the search for some new ground.