Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T38 / t67 flashlights in the north east

T38 / t67 flashlights in the north east

I am going to order T38/T67 flashlights straight from china for a good price and im looking for lads from the north east who might be interested, there is no profit involved what i pay is what you pay and no money changes hands till you collect your lamp, if you or any of your mates are interested let me know, i live near hartlepool and my son lives at newcastle

cheers les

Hi Les,

Please don't take this the wrong way because I'm sure your intentions are the very best, but normally the spirit of this sort of group buy on a forum is for items that aren't readily available or are too 'niche' for usual importers to bother with.

These torches are already widely available in the UK, some from proper businesses like ourselves and some from lots of other hobby enterprises and 'shedders'.

So you are aware, from our perspective...we push the development of these things (as do other companies) with the Chinese manufacturers but because we know they will sell to any Tom Dick or Harry, we personally don't give them the whole picture and do finishing corrective work here in the UK for performance and product safety. This new range does have a serious design flaw as it leaves the factory.

We have a big rent bill and even bigger wage bill every month, we have to pay and charge VAT and also pay corporation tax. We also have to spend quite heavily on advertising. Then because of the competition from hobbyists and shedders who don't have the burden of VAT or even any overheads at all in most cases, we actually have to sell our 'improved' product considerably cheaper.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if a product becomes commercially worthless, then proper companies will give up on it and the consumers are left with essentially Chinese 'tat' that just gets worse and worse in quality in the race to the bottom.

Most companies involved in the Gun trade, aren't big evil corporations, but small and medium sized business just trying to generate and sustain employment and at the end of the day it's these employees who are at risk.

Cheers

Clive
    http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk
    High end night vision digital, tubed and thermal monoculars, rifle scopes, clip ons, add ons, IR Illuminators and accessories.

Digital, thermal and tubed night vision rifle scopes - Handheld thermal imagers

No disrespect clive, when you say we, as far as I know you had nothing to do with the developement of these torches, the t20 which is the predecessor to the torches mentioned was readily available long before you got involved with it, and it was the lads on the night vision forum who moved onto fitting the oslon black ir led, with star and required driver. Then when you saw IAN SIRELL
    / SIKASTAG and MARKY610 who at the beginning were SHEDDERS and HOBBY ENTERPRISES marketing these torches with the upgraded led, you decided that your company would get involved and sell them also.
    You are right when you say that this new range of flashlight has a design flaw, the single mode flashlights especially the ir led benefit from having the led star changed from a 1mm to a 1.5mm thickness star and if you wish you could upgrade the driver, but the 3 mode led flashlights have nothing wrong with them. (correct me if I am wrong)
    I know for a fact that there are companies such as yours who do the modifications and upgrade the flashlight before you sell them, but there are also sellers who are selling them excactly as they received them from china without any modifications.
    I tell all of the people who are interested in these flashlights about the stars and drivers, it is not a big job to upgrade and the parts cost very little.
    Also I dont know how many people you employ and what your wage bill is but you could do with a few more because in past times your customer service has been very poor and most people on different forums know this.
    Look at your digital night vision add on were you the first and did you do all of the ground work regarding the cameras and lenses or did you also pick the brains of the lads from the night vision forum and the airgun forum. I remember you from the airgun bbs years ago, when night vision first arrived on the forums asking all the questions, then it wasnt long before you got involved selling your gen1 russian scopes and n1000 lasers.
    What is wrong with half a dozen lads getting together and purchasing straight from china.
    I know for a fact that if you had posted the above on other forums you would get slated for it, you never know I might copy and paste it, just to see what the response is
    Like I said CLIVE no disrespect just telling it as it is.

Cheers Les

^^^^ ^^^^

Only just joined this forum this month and already trying to tell people what they can and can't do! Sorry Clive but you do seem to ruffle feathers on every forum you attend.

Had a t20 from china long before the boys starting selling them. Guess what it still works!!!
    Atb steve

Hi Guys,

I was actually trying to be helpful and just speak up from a general UK business perspective. I'm in the old fashioned camp of buying locally and original whereas the more modern philosophy is to buy the cheapest knock off from wherever you can which 'irks' me no end and I think that must have come through on my post. It wasn't my intention to ruffle feathers. It's a shame it's been misconstrued. I did open my original reply with "Please don't take this the wrong way..."

Les, unfortunately what you seem to assume in your post is quite way off the mark. I'll drop you a PM about it in more detail when I have time, but for public consumption...

T20 is nothing to do with us in it's inception, we just got involved after the factory contacted us out of the blue offering it and after I had also checked it was OK with the chap that actually came up with the IR modified T20 idea which every man and his dog ran with, charging rather handsomely too. We brought the price down to a more sensible level, which obviously a few people are a bit cheesed off about.

The new T series of torches are in existence because of requests and input from ourselves and several other buyers.

The main flaw is due to light spill on these new torches that as standard they produce a halo that is perfectly placed to reflect back off of a rifles moderator. This isn't cured by blocking the holes in the bezel

Our Ward D Vision is entirely our own design from start to finish and during it's development I know that some of the components used leaked out into the public domain, rather than the other way around. We only added the E700 camera to it after requests from our customers.

I think from distant memory the only questions I needed to ask some 10-11 years ago on the AirgunBBS were...has anybody else got any NV and if so could we get together and do some comparisons to see if this new product I have found is any cop. Which we did...it was a great meet and we found that my 250 scope was quite a lot better than the 600 NVRS available at the time

Les you are of course more than welcome to do whatever you wish and buy whatever you want and indeed post whatever, wherever you wish. I don't think someone trying to stand up for British jobs should get slated for it

Cheers

Clive
    High end night vision digital, tubed and thermal monoculars, rifle scopes, clip ons, add ons, IR Illuminators and accessories.

Clive you say you are of the old fashioned camp and believe in buying original and locally, since when has China been local because that is where the t series of lamps are manufactured and as you say it was the manufacturer who contacted you.

Also Clive I think you ought to concentrate more on putting your own business in order instead of worrying about what others are doing, because from what I have seen on different forums you have quite a lot of negative feed back

And the t20 ir was discovered by a sheddy/diyer, not a business putting thousands of pounds into research, so it is ok for you to come along and jump on the band wagon and make a profit from it but not for the individual who has no intensions of making a profit.

Cheers Les
    Last edited by LES-P; 24-12-2014 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Ward View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was actually trying to be helpful and just speak up from a general UK business perspective. I'm in the old fashioned camp of buying locally and original whereas the more modern philosophy is to buy the cheapest knock off from wherever you can which 'irks' me no end and I think that must have come through on my post. It wasn't my intention to ruffle feathers. It's a shame it's been misconstrued. I did open my original reply with "Please don't take this the wrong way..."

Les, unfortunately what you seem to assume in your post is quite way off the mark. I'll drop you a PM about it in more detail when I have time, but for public consumption...

T20 is nothing to do with us in it's inception, we just got involved after the factory contacted us out of the blue offering it and after I had also checked it was OK with the chap that actually came up with the IR modified T20 idea which every man and his dog ran with, charging rather handsomely too. We brought the price down to a more sensible level, which obviously a few people are a bit cheesed off about.

The new T series of torches are in existence because of requests and input from ourselves and several other buyers.

The main flaw is due to light spill on these new torches that as standard they produce a halo that is perfectly placed to reflect back off of a rifles moderator. This isn't cured by blocking the holes in the bezel

Our Ward D Vision is entirely our own design from start to finish and during it's development I know that some of the components used leaked out into the public domain, rather than the other way around. We only added the E700 camera to it after requests from our customers.

I think from distant memory the only questions I needed to ask some 10-11 years ago on the AirgunBBS were...has anybody else got any NV and if so could we get together and do some comparisons to see if this new product I have found is any cop. Which we did...it was a great meet and we found that my 250 scope was quite a lot better than the 600 NVRS available at the time

Les you are of course more than welcome to do whatever you wish and buy whatever you want and indeed post whatever, wherever you wish. I don't think someone trying to stand up for British jobs should get slated for it

Cheers

Clive
    Thought you paid someone rather a large sum for the development of this ??? Could be wrong but it seems common knowledge in some circles ??

Sorry Rod, you are entirely wrong on that assumption.

We did pay for a design but that isn't actually what WDV is regardless of what gossip you may have heard.

Cheers

Clive