Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pet insurance

Best pet insurance

Hi been done before but I need to know .what pet insurance do most people use and why had a few quotes but not sure which to go with .

Thanks
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

I would look for lifetime cover, minimum 4k per condition per year cover. I use petplan, not the cheapest but reliable when you need it

Petplan... the only insurer that pays on invoice and doesn't try to offer less than the costs accrued.
    That is why vets love Petplan.

I was with directline last year but they added over 10 a month to this year's premiums, so went with Argos lifetime premium cover for our 3 cats.

we got sainsburys for the dog,71/2 grand per item covered and they deal direct with vitenry ,so james herriot gets his and we get no stress

An off duty Vet once told me to save the monthly payments in a sweetie jar and at the of the pets life there will be money in the jar. Thats how insurance works, legalised theft.

I've got to say that I've tried insurance for my dogs over the years and always been out of pocket. I'd have been better off paying for any treatment and saving the premiums. So that's what I do now. Of course it's a bit of a gamble, but over the long term, it pays. Else those insurance companies wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I've got to say that I've tried insurance for my dogs over the years and always been out of pocket. I'd have been better off paying for any treatment and saving the premiums. So that's what I do now. Of course it's a bit of a gamble, but over the long term, it pays. Else those insurance companies wouldn't do it.
    I must be unlucky then having lost 2 dogs this year. Both insured with John Lewis
    1) dog aged 7 years never ill no claims thoughout his life, insurance payed out the cost of the dog as he died before he was 9. So we were in pocket
    2) bitch age 6 1/2 years numerous claims 450 after being attacked by a terrier, 2,500 heart operation, then 6 months between 1,000 - 1,200 per month heart medication etc. then the cost of the dog as she died before she was 9.
    They never quibbled about costs and even payed vets direct and it was a "true" life policy. Be carefull some will insure for life but will exclude pre existing conditions when you come to renew and 12,000 per year, it's surprising how quick that's eaten up when something goes wrong.
    Got another bitch now and she's insured with John Lewis
    Choose wisely
    Wingy

I've had my dog for about a year now, a springer spaniel.

i got her at 6 months old last december un docked so i got her insured and then docked her on the insurance. after this i was going to stop the insurance but then never got round to it...

in august this year she decided to jump out on my first floor bedroom window while on a phantom pregnancy and dislocate her leg rip all the tendons out of place and be in the vets for 8 days straight.

this whole thing cost me over 3500 and without insurance i would have never been able to save that up.

her insurance with Esure costs me 12 a month and thats like 3 a week which i don't even notice leaving my account so trust me its worth having.
    admittedly no one will think there dog will get hurt in one way or another and that insurance is stupid or whatever but without it id be 3.5k out of pocket rather than spending 12 quid a month.

end of day tho chap its unto you just don't think it won't happen. you don't control a dogs head.