Thread: combination gun

combination gun

Hi all. Looking for a deer legal rifle calibre .240 and above, anyone got anything?

Quote Originally Posted by jonylandrover View Post
    Hi all. Looking for a deer legal rifle calibre .240 and above, anyone got anything?
    Hi

I have just decided to part with my Zoli 9.3 x 74 / 12 bore 3" ... it has been cerakoted by James Clark and had a recoil reducer fitted in the stock and comes with circa 200 custom loads and load data from Mike Norris.

Have a Mauser M03 in 9.3 x 62 now and the ol' Zoli never gets out.

Looking for £1250 for the rifle (comes with a 30mm QD mount).

Let me know if you are interested.

regards

Tony

meant to add a picture!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoli 004.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	607.2 KB 
ID:	50643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoli 003.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	515.4 KB 
ID:	50644

I have a Eduard Kettner 12g over 7x65R. It has a Simmons white tail classic scope and an Aimpoint red dot both of which are on Recknagel or EAW swing off mounts.
    I'd be looking for £1250
    I can send photos over Xmas if you're interested. I wont get home until this evening.

regards

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    I have a Eduard Kettner 12g over 7x65R. It has a Simmons white tail classic scope and an Aimpoint red dot both of which are on Recknagel or EAW swing off mounts.
    I'd be looking for £1250
    I can send photos over Xmas if you're interested. I wont get home until this evening.

regards

Miles
    I owned Miles' Kettner before he did and know its history - it has fired less than 100 rounds in total through the rifle barrel since new and is in mint condition. Factory ammunition is readily available from Sellier & Bellot, RWS or Geco, with brass from the same source. It likes any Breneke style slug. I used 154gn Hornady RN Interlocks and 175gn S&B SPCE or 175gn Nosler Partitions.

The swing-off scope mount with 1" rings was fettled by Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd and he also fitted the Aimpoint Hunter too.

I've got a set of RCBS 7x65R dies that I'd be willing to sell, given that Miles is the only one who uses them.

Adam.

Another option.

I have a .243/12g Brno 502.6 combination gun. It doesn't get the use it deserves since I got my drilling, so it seems a waste just to keep it idle in the cabinet.

It has proved a deadly shotgun as well as a capable rifle. The 12g barrel is around 3/4 choke, which gives it good reach, and having just one shot really concentrates the mind! As for the .243, don't expect minute-of-angle accuracy, but with a scope mounted it's quite up to the job of putting a bullet squarely in the boiler room of a fox, muntjac, roe, etc. out to around 125 yards (not far for a rifle, but par for the course for a combination gun), and it'll do just fine to 75 yards with a red-dot sight, or 50 over the irons (the rear notch is windage adjustable). You may do better than me, of course!

I'm looking for £600 for the gun. If you like I can supply it with a Kozap QD lever mount with 1" rings (£100), a set of 30mm rings (£50) and a Brno-502-specific QD base for a Docter sight (£50). I'll throw in a sling and a "blitz-etui" 2-round ammo carrier, and the butt-stock ammo carrier free. Total = £800.

I've put up some photos here.

These were taken a couple of years ago, so if you're still interested I'll get the gun out and take some new ones. I've probably shot around 500 12g cartridges and no more than 200 .243 rounds through it, and the bores show no wear. The stock has a few minor dents but no other flaws. The action has extractors rather than ejectors, and double triggers, the front trigger having a set "stecher" function that you can use or not, as you prefer.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to ask!

Mr. G.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by jonylandrover View Post
    So are you actually going to respond or comment on the thread you started as you are now on line?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterMoore View Post
    So are you actually going to respond or comment on the thread you started as you are now on line?

Hi HunrerMoore, sorry for not replying to the thread. thanks for your offer of your beautiful zoli 9.3 x 74, unfortunately this rifle caliber is to large for my intended purpose.

thanks James

no sweat dude - hope you find something cool!

regards

Tony