Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a brag, but I blame Sikamalc

A bit of a brag, but I blame Sikamalc

Just back from the gun shop. Took along a savage predator .223 that I had two of, thought I might trade towards a .375 H&H that they had listed on their website.

Browsing along through the racks I found something else. A stainless Tikka T3 in 30.06. The price they had marked on it clearly showed that it was either in a state of disrepair (it's not) or else they really had no idea what they had. Marked price was $450 (~250) and managed to trade the savage straight up. Needless to say, I am very well chuffed at the moment.

Had I not had a chance to shoot Malcolm's T3 as an estate rifle I would have likely not known what a gem was sitting in the corner.

Welcome to the club sadly I had to pay a whole $800 for mine new. Try 150gr federal fusions mine shoots sub moa with them no problem.

Welcome to the club sadly I had to pay a whole $800 for mine new. Try 150gr federal fusions mine shoots sub moa with them no problem.

That is a great deal. I won a Tikka T3 in a store drawing and took a stainless .30-06. It shot every load I fed it into small groups. Since I already had about a dozen .30-06s, including a Remington 700 SS that shoots superbly, and I had a friend who had borrowed it for an elk hunt, then another, then another, I sold it to him and put the money on a T3 Lite in 7mm-08.

I think you will be happy with not having to search for or work up ammunition which it likes. And I found its recoil to be not noticeable, which is nice for such a light weight and handy rifle. I just went with the factory rings, and a Burris 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex scope. A great rifle for the hills.

Scope wise I would check out euro optic.com I just picked up a brand new meopta 3.5-10x44 with illuminated 4a reticule for $550 reduced from $799 or you could by my zeiss terra 3-12x50 off me for $375 which is as new and only 8 months old. Both are cracking scopes.

Good buy! You won't be sorry.~Muir

Pity about the calibre!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Hi Curtis,

has it got a cammo stock though and of course the riflecraft mod on the end

30.06 is a great calibre, well done on the purchase I look forward to your bringing it over to the UK in a year or two time.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Hi Curtis,

has it got a cammo stock though and of course the riflecraft mod on the end

30.06 is a great calibre, well done on the purchase I look forward to your bringing it over to the UK in a year or two time.
    Camo stock will be done within the week (black is so boring). The mod will eventually happen, actually contacted the manufacturer and he said they are in the process of building /marketing in the States.

That being said, from a read of our laws, it seems if I try to leave or come back into the USA with a moderator then I become an instant felon, and lose my gun rights. I think I will keep my mods at home.

Most definitely returning, just need to start dropping the coins in the piggy bank.

You yanks piss me off with this stuff. The prices we pay compared to you lads are scandalous.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......